Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking hard at the ORX

Anyone have one and what are your thoughts? I have been looking for a light weight machine due to shoulder problems. I also don't want to spent $$$$. I was gonna jump on the Nox 600. But I was thinking this could be perfect fit. I hunt old cellar holes and farms mostly on the east coast. I do hit the beach few times a year.
Thanks Koz

I have a Deus with remote and HF 9” coil works well on the beach but I prefer my nox over it it’s more stable in the red black sand we have here on east coast I also like that it’s waterproof over the Deus.
I guess that’s why I own both if I had to choose one of them it would be the Equinox now that I’ve had it for about one year.
But I love my Deus probably never sell it but it’s more my backup machine now.

https://youtu.be/F8naaaHMwQA

I have shoulder/rotator cuff issues and tried the equinox much of last year. It's a great machine, and there's something to the multi frequency thing, but it's balance, weight, and grip are not at all designed well, especially compared to the deus. After months of using the equinox and aggravating my shoulder pain, I returned to the deus in the Fall and it was such a relief! Like returning to an old friend- suddenly I could hunt an extra couple hours without the resulting pain, and as far as performance, it's equal to or better than the nox in most situations. The only thing I think the multifrequency may help with is certain objects which are shaped funny, like a crumpled up spur or a bent coin- seems to see the odd item better than the deus every once in a while. All in all, though, the balance and capabilities of the deus, when it comes to my shoulder issues, makes it being my main detector a no-brainer.

I do like my deus and prefer it on long non beach hunts..It has found more silver than the nox..

a pal of mine kept his NOX for an hour and sold it ,,said its too complicated and cumbersome to use ,,not balanced well and got sore wrist problems

targets said:
a pal of mine kept his NOX for an hour and sold it ,,said its too complicated and cumbersome to use ,,not balanced well and got sore wrist problems

Seriously!? If he found the Nox too complicated he needs to find a new hobby....like stamp collecting. The Nox is incredibly simple.

The Nox is not incredibly simple if you go beyond the presets. Some folks dislike detectors which offer lots of variable controls, especially when they are accessed by menus instead of clearly labeled knobs or switches. It’s a perfectly valid preference and in no way reflects on the competence or success of the folks who like more straightforward machines.

Different strokes for different folks.

I agree 100% here. With shoulder and back issues, you wouldn't think there would be that big of a difference between the nox and the deus but for me it's huge. I'm on my second nox trying it again hoping for the best, it's easy to set up goes deep and by no means heavy but for me I can only swing it for short periods at a time. I can swing a deus all day.
Performance wise, some things I like about each one better than the other but if I can't figure out how to get along with the nox, I'm looking at another deus or the orx. The moral of the story is it sucks getting old!

“Straight forward” is not the same as “incredibly simple”. The Nox is arguably “straight forward” if you are used to fiddling with response speed, iron bias, ground balance, tone choices and other “straight forward” stuff. If you are not used to it - or dislike having to wonder if you have set the machine up correctly for your hunt - it is absolutely NOT “incredibly simple”

P.S. I have owned a Whites V3i and an XLT, I can cope just fine with “straight forward”, having dealt with those “menu-monsters”.

As I said - “different strokes for different folks” - maybe I should copyright that - oh wait a minute - maybe I heard it somewhere else!

Your opinion dbado1 is noted and respectfully disagreed with. By considering new data - we learn.