Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking to add a new detector...

Dan'O

I have had the XL PRO and now have the MXT PRO which I like allot - more than the XL PRO?, maybe. That being said, I'm looking to add a new machine so I can have a back up and anther machine to give me more versatility and enjoyment. I live in the Boise area, frequent Utah and Oregon, somewhat near White's headquarters. The ground in what I would consider to be more mostly highly mineralized. I hunt some park areas to hone my skills but mostly personal residences and am willing to take advantage of any disturbed ground, be it a tear down, new construction or any other opportunity I can find. I will also be pursuing 'old sites' as I can make the time. I want to have these two machines well learned before I "retire" and can do this more earnestly. I currently have the 5.3, 950, 6x10 and the ultimate 13 for the MXT. I use the 5.3 most of the time followed by the 6x10 and 950 to go over the sites again. I usually hit the same sites over and over again throughout the year. I have very little time with the 13 and got it for the Oregon dry beach and other open areas. We'll see if I keep it or not.
So, I'm looking for recommendations for the second detector and no I do not want to have 2 MXTs - I just sold one and really want to expand my horizons a bit. Any thoughts with experience to back it up? I really appreciate the help.

Also look at the Impact; http://noktadetectors.com/impact-metal-detector.asp
(Between the Multi Kruzer and Impact, ask Cal_Cobra and Monte here at Finds PMessaging, or Nasa Tom at, tdankowski@cfl.rr.com )

Check out the Teknetics T2 Special Edition

No to all those above! What you now need is a meterless detector like a tesoro Bandido 2 uMax .

A T2 is my 2nd favourite machine of all time,had mine for many years and also found me the most gold coins including celtic full and 1/4 staters,a stunning George111 full guinea and a some Viccy Sovereigns,about the easiest machine going for setting up.

No I'm not. I wouldn't sell my T2 Classic for any of those others mentioned. As a matter of fact, the only upgrade I would make is to send my Classic back to First Texas and have them do the software upgrade to make it a T2 Classic Special Edition where they add the boost mode and cache mode, Then I believe that I'd have the ultimate land detector. I've owned a few other detectors in my time, however of all those presently available, I favor the Teknetics T2 line and the Fisher F75 in that order. I really like First Texas as far as customer service too! If you ever have a problem with any of their detectors they really go the extra mile to ensure it's resolved. Even on their Bounty Hunter line of detectors.

you should donate him one..........and old C-Scope or Magpie? :cheers:
(if you have a BFO I know a guy with a 24" loop) :detecting:

Maybe Kellyco still has some of these... https://ssli.ebayimg.com/images/g/pyAAAMXQWzNSo3~5/s-l640.jpg :rolleyes: