Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking to buy a nugget

Digger Bob

I am looking to buy a special kind of nugget. I need a small one, about 1 or 2 dwt. It has to be the porous, spongy type that PI machines can't hear. Some of the newer machines can now and I'm trying to figure out why. If someone has one and can test it on a TDI, or Minelab SD or GP detector, let me know if you want to part with it. I'll pay a fair price.

Thanks!
Digger Bob

Bob, Reg Sniff had some that he had tons of fun with betting some innocent mainlaber could Not find...it was fun to see a Minelab owner get frustrated over that situation...
fred

Bob - Steve tested some of the spongy gold we were getitng in Nevada and the pieces in the 2 pennyweight range on the TDI and they were invisible even when touching the coil. However they were invisible on the 5000 too. Plenty visible on the SDC and the new GPZ, and of course no problem on VLFs - just the VLFs dont get the depth of the PIs with their larger coils.
I think the new PI machines like the SDC see this stuff because they have very short delays or in the case of the GPZ nearly zero delay. They are gold nuggets / specimens with very short time constants, whose eddy currents decay very fast and are essentially gone during the delay cycle between transmit and receive on most PI machines. Mossy nuggets and some specimen gold in quartz falls into this category too.
Although I am not interested in selling, and I dont think Steve is either, but would be happy to meet up with you sometime and you could test some of these pieces to see how they perform.
Maybe sometime in the next month or so we could meet up with you and maybe Jim C. at La Porte or Sawtooth or ???
You have my email - send me an email if you want to chat about getting together, spongy gold detection or whatever. I also need to ask you if you ever got your extra copies of the ICMJ with the Butte nugget article.