Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking to buy a Tejon??

scdetector

I was looking to buy a new Tejon,what's the purpose/benefit of the Alt. discriminate mode vs the Cibola/Vaquero with a single discrimate mode? All the detectors I own only have single disc modes

I will set the first dicriminator somewhat low and then the second a little higher. It helps to figure out what I may be digging. That is what I primarily use it for. I actually prefer it now that I have used it so much.

i have no experience with the tejon, but it is very similar to the fisher 1266. it gives you the ability to set disc one low and disc 2 to break up on tabs. then with the push of a toggle you can get a very good idea of what type of metal is under the coil. it works well and saves some needless digging.

One of the benefits of the second discriminator is that you really don't need a meter.

I mostly relic hunt and when I throw it into the second discriminator and the tone is still there loud and clear I just start digging. The drawback is in coin hunting in trashy areas, you will get a lot of signals and that is where a TID machine can come in handy.

I think the Tejon is the best relic machine out there today and after 36 years of relic hunting I have owned a lot of machines. It is lightning fast, light, and easy to use. After a while you will understand what it is telling you and know which targets to pass up. But, as I said it's main drawback is in coin hunting, but I know people do use the Tejon for coin hunting and swear by it.

I have never owned a Vacquero but understand they are also a great machine. The push button pinpointing is really unnecessary. You can pinpoint with the Tejon easier and the target is always right below the coil. You need to pinpoiint with the machine in VCO and you will also have an idea of the depth by how load the tone is in pinpoint. By easier I mean that instead of reaching down and pushing a button all you have to do is pull the trigger back.

Thanks for the replies,I have two fishers and the Cibola which I like the best because it's lightweight,I don't relic hunt as much as I do coinshooting.Most of the sites I hunt are very trashy with lots of pulltabs,the Cibola has the depth but cannot discriminate between nickles/pulltabs very well,plus I found I need the GB feature on a few sites.I have the Id Excel and it does well discriminating and pinpoints dead on but lacks depth,My CZ-7A Pro is great just to heavy for all day swinging.I guess to sum it up I'm in the market for a new Tesoro for coin hunting and some relic but I'm not crazy about target ID and other bells & whistles, my partner just ordered the Cortes,I will see how well it does on our next hunt