Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking to Switch for depth

Jerry-Iowa

Hi all you Tesoro users out there and Merry Christmas Happy New Years. I am looking for some feedback on deepest Tesoro detector on the market. I have been on the hunt to upgrade detectors. I have been hunting for about 13 years using Garrett GTA 500, Master Hunter CX 11 and a GTAx 1000, depths about 8 inches. I have been out of the hobby for about 3 years and the fever is back to get down and dirty again. I have been looking at the Fisher and Tesoro detectors. After looking at Fisher I am starting to point more towards the Cortes or Deleon. I am looking, like everyone depth! Shocked. If I could find a machine that would give a good clear hit a dime at 12 inches I would flip or wakeup from a dream. But I do know detectors can give a good clear hit over 9 inches by now and Tesoro may be the direction I may have to go to get this. You are the real field testers and I would like to hear back on any Tesoro detector that could give me the deepest clearest hit. Thank you and hope to hear back.

Jerry From Iowa

"I am looking for some feedback on deepest Tesoro detector on the market."... Like every make and model out there, "deepest" is going to depend not only on the model, but the coil used, the ground environment, presence of nearby masking trash, and operator control. Three of the deepest detecting Tesoro's I have used are the Eldorado (

Take a close look at the Minelab Xterra-50. More bang (and performance) for the buck, with full notching discrimination capability.

Ralph is right on when he suggests taking a close look at the Minelab X-Terra 50. If you want a target ID model with very good depth and performance, and versatile enough to handle most ground environments, the multi-notch, four-tone X-Terra 50 is by far a better unit that Tesoro's TID offerings.

Many of us keep waiting for a decent TID from Tesoro. Maybe some day.

Monte

n/t

Hi Davhut, The problem I see with the Garrett is the Auto Ground Balance, I think manual would be much better for increasing depth.

The GTI 1500, GTP 1350, GTA 1250 all have ground TRACKING.. not a preset GB. The GTI 2500 has both ground tracking AND the option of manual GB. The GTI 2500 has, possibly, the deepest VLF all-metal mode on the market for it's coil size. It also has real time depth and SIZE indications as well as TID in AM mode. ...Willy.

...and I'd add, if you are accustomed to Garrett gear, why switch up? I have detectors from all the makers and guess which ones I keep coming back to - you guessed it, Garrett.

To be honest, I didnt always feel this way, but after running many models, I find them all about the same in what they'll do in the end. They just do it in different ways.

So, get the Tesoro if you want, or get a Garrett - I have both. But, here's the key: Get the best you can afford and get out there and get dirty.

Manual I did not know this. This was always one thing I did not like about Garrett. If the 1350 has manual ground balance I would really consider that machine. I did like the size indication feature they added to the 1350, but stopped looking at the features after that (I should have looked closer). My thoughts were that Garrett was again, taking the old GTA 1000 detector and putting another feature to it and ether changing lettering and the numbering or both. Thanks, Willy and Dave will check out the 1350.

Jerry

My 1350 will pull coins from the trash like I never knew. Im always getting a "boop-boop-boiinnnnggggg-boop-boop" while scanning. The 1350 is signalling that there are multiple targets on the sweep, they are close together and in the middle of all of them is a coin.

Now any detector can go deep out in the clean fields and woods, where there isnt a lot of trash. But, oh, sweet Mary, if it cant help you in the trashy sites then its only half good...

Im getting a sniper next for it.

David

..full time autotracking (not the preset type GB). The GTI 2000/2500 and the CX3 have both. ...Willy.

Jerry
The tejon is a deep seeking detector.
I have a dime (silver) at 8"+ in my yard. The tejon gives a loud
and clear signal on it.I have buddy that can not touch it with
his Garrett 1000 with his 10X5 Elp. coil. I know what you may be thinking. But I have nothing to gain by lieing. diggercoins67

... is also, by all accounts a twitchy beast and requires a delicate touch. If ultimate depth is your only need, it may be the answer. It may also not tell you anything or be unsuitable to your style. Better get ahold of one and try it first.

david

What size of coil is on the Tejon? The 10x5" coil on the PRESET GB GTA/x 1000 is, at best, equivalent to a 7.5" coil. Apples & oranges. ...Willy.

Nautilus has a better idea....... and you'll never have to second-guess it's depth capabilities. No plastic, no nonsense, no excuses. Just plain good old fashion performance. Nuf Sed.

Ralph