Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looks Like The New Garrett ATX Works Great In Australia

The two in the lower right hand corner are most revealing !

Anyone want to buy my 5 month old GPX 5000? lol

Cheers,

Tye

Normally a picture "speaks a thousand words" but in this case I would prefer the 1000 words.......time will tell.
Can't wait for some real reviews to start filtering through. I am hoping it performs well as advertised.

Tony.

Certainly looks promising, However I notice from one of the pictures that the coil is at an angle and the operator is scanning with his hand at an angle. In an other picture he is holding the ATX up with one hand to keep the coil flat on the ground. Does this mean that the coil is difficult to set. In fact because of the position of the coil clamp at the end of the coil, how stable is the coil ?

Dave

The more I look at it the more I see this detector not being a beach machine. That Micro Nugget is telling me that my beaches are too trashy.

The machine should do well for those who seriously hunt beaches, don't mind digging deep, but will have to carefully pick their locations. I have no doubt that serious hunters have the insight to pick good productive sites. Areas with a low junk to coin/jewelry ratio and hunted out areas in both salt and freshwater come to mind. Sometimes retreating from the water and and going backwards to areas which were once covered with water but now are dry because the body of water shrank can also be good. Having utilized the Infinium in the past, I know from my own experience that a good PI detector in the right hands and locations will pay for itself quickly. But....using a PI is not for everyone and I would never suggest a person just getting into the hobby should get one. I don't sell them, but I do use them.

If the ATX with its new adjustable iron discrimination can put up a brick wall (not too much wrap around effect) at the high end and low end of the iron range when sensing high conductive targets like larger silver and gold (rings etc.) then I'd say this would make a very good beach detector! :goodnight::minelab:
It might be a tough go on smaller gold and other lower conductive targets like chains...

Cheers,

Tye

The all motion mode will be for prospecting...for beach, use the non-motion mode, which is less sensitive.

Question about that. If you have a motion based PI, it basically means your SAT is is high. With a higher SAT speed the PI does not have time to process (sample) small gold nuggets signals. Hence will miss them. In non-motion mode PI, slow SAT speed the PI has more time to sample to small nugget signal and alert the user, there's somethinh small worth digging under the coil..

So if your prospecting for tiny gold, you want a non motion PI. If your out general hunting you want a higher SAT speed. I have a toggle on my PI that allows me to either switch from no-motion (good for pinpointing as well) setting back to user determined SAT speed (motion).

On all my tests, for depth purposes, the non motion mode got the best results. I took the unit 5 miles south of Edmonton, out to a gravel road, tweaked the sensitivity up high, along with the threshold, and I was getting readings around 20 inches on a US nickel in pristine condition, with the help of the re-tune button. There were no power lines nearby, or any cables running underground. Although it was definitely a weak signal, it was there, and If I was looking to dig those quiet repeating wisps of a signal, I would have dug this one.

When switching between modes on the ATX, I notice a double click would get me either motion or non-motion. The non-motion mode is validated with 5 stationary red LED.s lighting up on the console face. The motion mode has a red LED in constant motion, validating that you are now in the motion mode. So simple to switch back and forth.

Non-Motion mode is shown below. Hit Shift key (it lights up) then hit Non-Motion Motion until you get the 5 stationary LEDS. Hit shift key again or wait several seconds and it will turn off automatically.

The non-motion mode has extreme potential for those wanting to hunt a very small area. Like a spot where a nugget or two was found. If I understand correctly the Recon was non-motion only, but that required constant retuning. The ATX may be offering both a Recon and Infinium in one package. Sign me up!