Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looks like we need to batten down the hatches Cupajo...

George-CT

Looks like we are not going to escape this hurricane. Up this way its mostly big tree damage that gets us. Takes out power and hopefully missing the buildings. I'm moving stuff around here now. The last one we had, Gloria, took out enough tree's here that we were without power for 10 days. Have a generator but hoping we are not on it for that long again. I image you guys deal with the wave action there being so close to the water. I remember when we had the boat marina in Groton, it was a real project getting all the boats hauled or moved up stream... Plus side, it it moves a lot of sand and exposes new targets. We usually go to Watch Hill RI after the storms. Stay safe, good luck down there....

George-CT

n/t

We are blessed with a fine breakwater called Long Island, New York!

The winds and flying debris are the major problem.

If it doesn't pick up steam we should be OK.

I'll certainly be keeping a wary eye on things.

Good Luck to you and your family George,

CJ

backhoe is fueled so we are ready to go if we have to cut our way out like last time. Shoreline at Watch Hill, RI, is exposed to open sea so they take a real beating. That entire area has been sweep away quite a few times.....There will be 50 or more guys there detecting as soon as they can get in there.....Winter storms, same deal, they come out of the wood work. ....... George-CT

Tree damage here is the big concern...These red oaks are big and heavy..... Whatever will be will be, and we will adapt to it....Thats what all us woods people do... I was thinking of you and Mikie the other day. I found a great dive site, live all the time, most dives in daytime turkey time.... I know Mikie can't see it which is why I held off some, but there is a ton of 6000 year old amphors etc on these old ships and a few new ones. Its all live, with sound. And they save small snipits for us to look at also....Bet you will like it, you can do full screen quad screen single etc.... Check it out. There is a big sail boat they found yesterday, modern of course with sails up etc.... Wish I knew the story behind it.... Anyhow, check it out at http://www.nautiluslive.org/

George-CT

Sorry Mikie, I know you don't have the ability there yet for video.....

n/t