Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Loonies and Pennies

Since I got back my re-calibrated GB SE, I have noticed a marked increase in the number of pennies and loonies that I have found. I am not sure how others detect grassy fields that are relatively new, but I choose to set my Disc to 75 and the Gain to about 10AM. My logic is this, rather then dig a big deep plug with my gain at 100, I want to focus on the coins that are within the top inch or two of the surface. Added to this, my Falcon MD20 that I am using as a pin pointer, really is useless beyond this distance. So, this means relatively no sign of any digging on my part. BTW, I am using the 11 inch Omega 8000 coil.
I have noticed that a penny comes in from 77 to 83 with loonies being in the 85 plus range. Pop cans several inches below the surface range here as well. I dug a few of those up last night. A big pain! I have yet to find a twoonie. Not sure if I just haven't put my coil over one, or if its not picking them up? In air tests, I noticed that it has no problem with them.