Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Loop Supports - Ok with a underwater detector?

hibby

Is it ok to add a loop support to a water detector? The screw/nut combination thingy on my Surfmaster PI is loose and although I can tighten it up - it loosens right back up. Will the support fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Hi H.,

Like many water hunters I tend to lean on my detector for balance when I step up on my digger to drive it into the hard pan and cobble stones common on the Connecticut shore. It is imposible to keep the loop aligned that way. Years ago I learned to set the loop angle as I like it, cut a piece of 1/2" pvc pipe to correspond to the angle on each end and then using electrical ties secure the piece through holes in the pvc pipe to the loop and the loop support above.

This anchors the loop at the right angle and an adequate wrap of electrical tape at each end keeps it there. I've used this method for over 25 years and haven't noticed any reduction in performance of my machines. Care must be taken to keep the coil lead wire strapped to one side of where the brace is secured on the shaft of course. Also the small diameter brace causes very little drag and helps protect the loop mount by destributing the forces created in use.

Try it, you'll like it. (Let me know how it works for you.)

No-body gets 'em all, but I'm working on it!!!

Cupajo