Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Loss of depth?

Hey guys. I have an Anfibio Multi with the stock 11" coil. Let's say, in my soil, the maximum detection depth on a dime is 11".
I assume by going to a 7" concentric coil, I will lose some depth. If so, what can I now expect the maximum detection depth on a dime to be?
Also, if you could have only one extra coil, besides the stock 11" coil, which would you choose, and why? Thanks

Hi Digger,
User concensus seems to favor the 7" concentric coil for all around hunting and the 5" DD for the very trashy sites for its seperation.
I use an Impact rather than the Anfibio and personally prefer the 7" concentric as my go-to coil, it sees 90% of the use. I use the stock 7x11 only in big fields and at the beach, and the 5" for sniping.
If your hunting specifically for depth, the soil make up, (amount & strength of mineralization), and volume of trash you encounter will be determining factors much of the time.
Best of luck1,
Drew.

Druid said:
Hi Digger,
User concensus seems to favor the 7" concentric coil for all around hunting and the 5" DD for the very trashy sites for its seperation.
I use an Impact rather than the Anfibio and personally prefer the 7" concentric as my go-to coil, it sees 90% of the use. I use the stock 7x11 only in big fields and at the beach, and the 5" for sniping.
If your hunting specifically for depth, the soil make up, (amount & strength of mineralization), and volume of trash you encounter will be determining factors much of the time.
Best of luck1,
Drew

Thanks for your response Drew. Another thing I was wondering about---Does the 7" concentric coil pick up less EMI than the 11" DD stock coil?
If so, would that mean you could run your gain higher, which may help with any depth loss you experience from using a smaller coil???