Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LOST CLASS RING FOUND AFTER 42 YEARS

joe dirt_1

Back in 1975 a guy and his girlfriend went to a party. The girl was wearing the class ring on her finger. Alcohol was flowing freely that evening from the kegs and the girl lost the ring somewhere during the course of the night.
Flash forward 42 years to April 1st 2017 when a guy cutting the grass found the ring in the yard. It had apparently survived 42 years of lawn mowers and who knows what else unscathed, and for some reason not sunk out of sight after all those years.
Now for the really crazy part.....that class ring was MY class ring ! A lady named Linda posted on my facebook page that she had something that belonged to me. I didn't know her and couldn't imagine what she could possibly have that belonged to me.
Her son Chad had found the ring today while cutting the grass and wanted to return it to me. Linda is going to return the ring tomorrow afternoon !

I never in a million years ever expected to see my class ring again, but in the back of my mind I thought it was possible that someone with a detector might possibly find it someday and return it.....well today is the day !
I'm still shocked the ring was found and had to share the story with you guys.....HH

Roger

Congrats on getting your ring back.

I am like you how did it not get covered up or sink after 42.

Ron in WV

Glad to see you are getting your ring back. Great Story.

My eldest son lost his class ring in the late 80's. Wife found it under a shrub in the yard 27 years later. It had not sunk into the ground far enough to be hidden.

We also wondered why the ring was still visible after 27 years.

I found a class ring if February that was about an inch deep in the dirt. I suspected a recent drop but now I am wondering just how long the ring could have been there. The date on the ring was 31. It is badly worn. Too worn to be able to tell what school it came from.

Now what would have been the icing on the cake is that your girlfriend became your wife!! She must have meant something to you for her to be wearing your ring? A really cool story and I'm sure brought back some special memories for you. Thanks for sharing!:thumbup:

Goldstrike, It sure did bring back a bunch of memories of a great time in life for me. Sorry to say this cake has no icing though.....we went our separate ways a couple years later.
Funny how something as simple as a ring can take you back to some of the best memories of my life. I hope someday I can repay the favor for someone.

Roger

joe dirt_1 said:
Back in 1975 a guy and his girlfriend went to a party. The girl was wearing the class ring on her finger. Alcohol was flowing freely that evening from the kegs and the girl lost the ring somewhere during the course of the night.
Flash forward 42 years to April 1st 2017 when a guy cutting the grass found the ring in the yard. It had apparently survived 42 years of lawn mowers and who knows what else unscathed, and for some reason not sunk out of sight after all those years.
Now for the really crazy part.....that class ring was MY class ring ! A lady named Linda posted on my facebook page that she had something that belonged to me. I didn't know her and couldn't imagine what she could possibly have that belonged to me.
Her son Chad had found the ring today while cutting the grass and wanted to return it to me. Linda is going to return the ring tomorrow afternoon !

I never in a million years ever expected to see my class ring again, but in the back of my mind I thought it was possible that someone with a detector might possibly find it someday and return it.....well today is the day !
I'm still shocked the ring was found and had to share the story with you guys.....HH

Roger

The real question on everyone's mind is whatever happened to the girl friend

The girlfriend got married and had a family, then got divorced. Lost track of her after that, but it was fun while it lasted.....:)

My class ring is back home again ! Linda and her husband Bill stopped by the house with my ring this afternoon.
The ring had survived all those years without being damaged except for the little gold Wildcat on the blue stone which had one pin missing that held it on the stone.
I'm going to send it to Jostens to have the Wildcat emblem repaired or replaced, and have the ring buffed out and resized to fit my sausage fingers......:)
I tried to give Linda a cash reward for her son that found the ring, but she was adamant that he would be mad if she had accepted the money. I intend to pay the good deed forward and hope I can make someone as happy as they made me !

Roger