Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost equipment

Thound

I've always wondered if any beach hunters have found left or lost MD equipment on the beach. I know myself I'm always lookin for an Excaliber. Just curious. HH

I don't know about the beach, but my friend just found a Vibra-Probe pin pointer in the middle of the woods!!!! Made his day!!

I know someone who left there Explorer II leaning against his truck and drove off!!! :clapping: :rofl: :lol: :wave: By the time he noticed it was not in his truck :yikes: and turned around it was :blowup: GONE!! :cry: He got lucky and some how claimed it on his house insurance? I'm sure he did not tell them the "real" story!! :nono:

If I found something like that, I would try to find the owner. I know if I left my equipment somewhere and came back and it was gone, I'd be heart broken. If all attempts failed, then I would feel fine about calling it my own.

-- moved topic --

I find the idea of a metal detectorists losing their equipment somewhat funny. We constantly find all the stuff that others drop or don't notice they left behind. Personally I have left my leche at one site, lucky it was still there when I returned but I had to drive another 30 mile round trip. I also lost a mercury dime that I found, somehow popped out of my pocket as I continued hunting. And another time found a silver quarter on top of a 50 state quarter that I can only guess someone else dug and then happened to drop.

I think less people admit to losing their MD tools, than actually admit it. I lost a dime I found that I never got to see the date on, So I am sure it was a silver Rosey! I left my MD manual on my Girlfriends trunk lid and She drove somewhere and didn't see it So It is gone. I would always make every effort to find the owner of something like an entire MD! A Lesche I would give away, and GPP I would keep for a spare....... GL & HH ..............Pat