Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost For 20 Years ~ Gold Ring Reunited With Owner! :smile:

MickTwin

I was able to spread a little Christmas (and birthday) cheer recently. What a JOY it was for me to find the owner of the ring I found back in May of this year (2012)! Some of you on the E-TRAC forum may remember the 18k Gold Indian Chief Ring that I found in a local park with my week old Minelab E-TRAC. If not you can read about it here: Gold Indian Chief Ring

A few days ago, I was visiting a local auto repair shop. Several months before, I had mentioned to some of the guys working there how much I enjoy metal detecting (my Teknetics Delta 4000 was in the truck) and that from time to time I make some exciting finds. Perhaps the best of those finds was the Indian Chief ring. Although tempted many times to sell the ring, because it was so beautiful and fit my pinky perfectly, I'm glad I never did. It also provided some bragging rights around others who share this great hobby.

When I arrived at the shop, one of the mechanics hollered, "I think I may have found the original owner of that ring!" "You?", I joked. "No!" he replied, and began telling me how he was with a friend, Mando a few weeks before and had mentioned how someone he knew finds cool stuff with his metal detector. Mando asked him if he ever finds rings. "Yep!" "Did he ever find a gold Indian ring?" ..." in #$%^ park?"

The short of the story: I had the mechanic get him on the phone and I introduced myself. Mando answered all my questions perfectly including the very spot in the park where he lost the ring. (I had never told anybody the exact spot I found it). He said his father (now deceased) had had it made custom by a man who lived in our town ages ago. Years later, it was given to Mando.

Because people sometimes sleigh ride in the area where I found it, I had guessed it fell off a cold finger during the winter. Mando said, "Actually, I lost it on a hot summer day while throwing bottles at the bottles he and his friends were tossing in the air." (the crazy stuff you do when you're young - he turns 51 today). "I spent the rest of that day searching for it and came back the next to search for it again." "I finally gave up and was heartbroken - never thinking I would ever see it again!"

After I arrived at his house, going in, ring in my pocket, I was surprised when Mando showed me the tattoo (lndian Chief) he had gotten so many years before - just a few days after he lost the ring. He explained that he had it done because the ring had meant so much to him. His wife and daughter were overjoyed as well and we all agreed it was a miracle that after twenty years, the old, gold Indian Chief, finally made it back home.

And to all of you who have the ability to do some good deed this Christmas, Take it from someone who knows...

It's the Best Feeling In The World!

The End.:clsoedeyes:

Rob Mickatavge "MickTwin"
20121217182146396.jpg

Thats..:surprised:..thats just outstanding! :clapping: I remember your initial post..gorgeous ring, but what a special blessing you bestowed on everyone involved! You think about it? Mando most likely would have went to his grave before anyone EVER found that ring, or anybody would have ever sort of put 2 and 2 together?... there is a higher power at work on this one!
Mud

Hey MickTwin that ring is certainly a heart stopper..I believe in Karma,,,What goes around comes around...Throw upon the water and it shall flow back in one way or another...Good job brother. (KCH)

Nice ending Mick. Did you ever find out about the "Flea-Bay" case. Wasn't there someone trying to sell the ring with your picture??? Thanks for the story and the pictures.

NebTrac

Hi NebTrac,

Right.. someone took the picture of the ring on the scale and actually tried to sell it. Obviously he/she was desperate - needed fast cash and didn't care about what it did to their once good feedback rating.

I reported it to eBay and they (or the wanna be seller) pulled it soon after.

This is all that's left of that:

This listing (261117725979) has been removed, or this item is not available.
Please check that you've entered the correct item number
Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

Now thats what i call a merry xmas.Congratulations on being such a 1st class individual.Most people would have kept the ring in their possession but you decided it meant more to the original owner than the price of the ring to you.You just dont get that these days in this society we live very often.This site is full of wonderful people and lookis like not all is bad in the world today.

What an extremely rare, selfless thing to do. Hats off to you. Statisticly, I wonder what percentage of the overall population would have done that? Especially considering the economy and the price of Gold? I am truly impressed.

Amazing story

Absolutely amazing story! I had chills the entire time I was reading it. Definitely Divine Intervention! As they say, virtue is it's own reward, and I think we all understand the true meaning of that phrase after reading this incredible story. This story made me think of something that happened to me back in 2008.

I help others research and return lost dog tags as a service to veterans and their families. I once had a dog tag of a Vietnam veteran who had died in about 1990. I'd been trying to find a relative for about a year, with no luck. I knew he had a daughter and a son, but no idea where they were currently living,so I posted on the surname message board on ancestry.com, seeking relatives. No immediate response was forthcoming and some time went by. I began to lose faith that I'd ever be able to return his tag. So, the day before Father's Day, I held the tag in my hand as I sat on the back deck and asked for help. I basically "talked" to the veteran and said, "Ward, if you can hear me, tomorrow is Father's Day. I've had this tag for a long time and I want to return it to your son or daughter. If there is any way you can help me out, I'd really appreciate it." I forgot about the little "talk" until I received a call from his daughter the day after Father's Day. I was flabbergasted! I asked her how she found me, and she told me that on the night of Father's Day, she'd been out for drinks with friends. All of them were talking about their fathers and that made her wonder about her own father. She'd never really known her father, because he died when she was very young. When she got home and sat down to check her email, she said she suddenly felt this intense desire to put her dad's name into Google. So, she did and that's how she found my post about her father's lost dog tag on the message boards.

I've had more than a few experiences like that since I started returning tags, but they never cease to amaze me and make me a believer that there is a reason these items are found and that when we set about to do the right thing, we have a lot of unseen assistance along the way. I hope we get to share a lot more stories like this in the future.

Here is a news story about a Marine WWII dog tag that was found by my friend, Dave Rocheleau while he was metal detecting on the beach in Hawaii. Another amazing story about just how life changing a kind deed can be for the recipient. What might seem like a small thing to us can literally change the life of someone else in miraculous ways. There is both a print story and a t.v. story, so you can see his daughter's reaction to getting the tag back.

Here is a news story about a Marine WWII dog tag that was found by my friend, Dave Rocheleau while he was metal detecting on the beach in Hawaii. Another amazing story about just how life changing a kind deed can be for the recipient. What might seem like a small thing to us can literally change the life of someone else in miraculous ways. There is both a print story and a t.v. story, so you can see his daughter's reaction to getting the tag back. http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/21623202/dog-tags-lost-in-hawaii-returned-to-family-70-years-later