Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost ring on the beach find.

Stogger

One of the things I thought would be cool to do with this detector (CTX-3030) was to actually help someone find something significant they lost. On my third trip to the beach using the detector, about 0200 July 5th, (Virginia beach) by myself, this guy comes up and explained he was toast...he lost his girlfriend/fiance's ring. One of the beachcomber tractor drivers told this fella I was metal detecting (about half a mile down the beach) and maybe I'd help him out. Being from Baltimore I was naturally leery, but followed the guy. Way in the distance I saw one person who was his girlfriend. When we arrived, I could see their footprints covering a 10'x10' area where they searched for the ring. I started a good 5' outside where they thought they lost it, and it took about 3 minutes to find the ring (11" coil). The ring was a family pass-down and had some nice diamonds to boot. It rang in at a consistent loud clear 12-13 and gave the deep sound (that in my case usually means a piece of Al foil). The young couple was much happier...less tension, and all of that. ...this really made the trip worthwhile to me!

Seriously GREAT WORK! :clapping::please: you saved the day for them, that would had been gone forever if you wern't there...:thumbup:
Mud

Congratulations on helping them out of a bind. I'm a believer in Karma and what goes around, comes around.