Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost ring - St Augustine - Found

kapidr

I recently joined TheRingFinders.com and today I got my first email from someone in my town stating they'd lost a wedding ring while doing yard work and they asked if I'd come help find it. I told them I'd be right over after Church and looking at the 6000 square feet area that the ring might have been lost in I asked him to walk me through what he was doing and where. This gave me a search area to start my grid. I started where I thought it was most likely that the ring had come off, where he was pulling and throwing weeds.

I had to use my old prizm2 from Whites because my DFX-300 is not back from the repair shop (though it is now in the mail back to me). The Prizm2 is awesome but it does not tell depth so you have to visibly look and physically run your hand through the grass at each beep since I likely wont have to actually dig for such a recently lost item but I don't know if the beep is on the surface or 12 inches down.

Well I got lucky I suppose because at the third beep there it was! A little grass moved and the lost became found! I tell you the smiles of the husband and wife are priceless. They gave me a 20 dollar reward for the find as well.

http://imageshack.us/a/img259/340/ringone1613.jpg

I really love metal detecting!

You did very well for the owner of the lost ring and for our hobby as well, not to mention a little reward for yourself.....:clapping: I love stories that have a happy ending.

Hey Man, very nice job, and good thinking on your part. You asked the right questions and started the seach with some logic. Good post!:clapping:
Mud

Awesome! Down right awesome. Thank you for making a better name for this hobby. HH, Nancy

I just got hit with 3,500 dollar bill unexpectedly that I can't pay. But even with that I'm still happy I returned the ring. That good feeling will last me a lifetime. The bill can wait. :)