Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost the top of my Garrett carrot-(Hint-it is black not orange)

Darkflight

I had a senior moment a while back & the top of my pinpoiter dropped and I didn't notice till I went to install the battery.

Long story short I was looking for an orange cap-not seeing one I backed up my vehicle to see under better-crunch. Ok there it is-and it was just behind a wheel so I straightened the cap as best I could.

A few days back I lost it again-knowing mine was compromised I decided to try and order a new one. Nothing on any website or bay.

I called Garrett cust service & told the truth3 year old pointer used hard lost the cap. They sent a new one free of charge.

I have long held the pinpointer they sell is the best. I'm glad the customer service actually is that good also.
(I didn't dare tell her I sold my AT because it lacked depth on silver but the pointers are the cats meow IMHO).

I wasn't sure where to post this-hope this forum is OK.

I just don't understand how the top can just fall off. It's under pressure from the battery spring and an O-Ring? I'm I missing something?

I keep my pointer on a lanyard. The unit is held by a ring secured by the cap. When I change batteries-or in the last case-had some water inside-I take the cap off. The chord is attached to the cap but then the ring can let the cap fall off if I just pick up the lanyard-in a senior moment.

My wife found the leaky run over one by the lawn under bush. So now I have a spare.

But point is good CS & I told them it was my fault.