Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lot of beach clad nice piece of jewelry possibly a ruby!

Mark kus

A lot of erosion lately at my local beaches and I spent a few hours hunting two different beaches nice pendant looks to be a ruby or tanzanite a small piece of a gold chain surface find and a junket ring hunting in beach 1 sensitivity 20 iron bias 2 added it up a little over $20.00 clad

Nice clad count!

2 things.... sand down (lightly) the inside of that ring. A little hard to see in the pick but that MIGHT just be a corroded silver ring. Next, thats not a ruby, and in that pendent its probably plastic or glass.

Sorry.... but I agree at best it mught be a Garnett. Rubbies are pricy most cant afford them even in gold.

Yeah I was thinking Tanzanite

Unfortunately tanzanite is blue.

GeorgeinSC said:
Unfortunately tanzanite is blue.
It comes in different colors but it’s a very soft stone

MK,

I think you may have Garnet and Tanzanite switched in your mind.
Garnets are the ones that come in different colors, Tanzanite is almost exclusively blue...with a very small percentage green...but never red.

Still a nice/fun hunt, though...and $20.00 clad is quite a haul!
:thumbup:
mike