Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lots of F75's

dan b

I notice that there seems to be a variety of F75 models available. The F75LTD, the F75SE, the F75 anniversary edition and the F75 gold edition. I notice the gold edition seems to be discounted, Is it the same F75 that came out years ago? Or does the gold edition have new features over the original F75?

Just curious,

Dan

I think the anniversary edition is different from the gold edition..the anniversary edition has fa mode,and dst..

It sure is a chore to know what is what with the F75 ( my opinion) ------------------------------------------------------------after1-----------------------------

Is there somewhere a person can look to see a breakdown of the features for each model? Any links?

Hello Dan b,

The F75 I purchased in Aug. 2016 is boxed as "Fisher Labs 75 Years Special Edition". It is the current discounted model. It is also referred to as the "gold" because of it's gold shaft, which differentiates it from the F75 Ltd, which has a black shaft.

It has all the latest upgrades to the F75 series except, Boost and Cache processes, which are only available on the F75 Ltd.

I feel it is currently one of the best values in metal detectors, since the price reduction!

Dan,

I would say to simplify things I will assume you are looking to purchase new with a warranty.

If so, then there are 2 basic models. I will name them standard and deluxe. Both I believe have been upgraded to include the new DST which rectifies the EMI issues the older models had.

To simplify even more, the deluxe model has boost and cache features and could be packaged with both coil sets ( 11 and 5 inch DD coils).

So it comes down to price point and additional features.

Seems a lot of guys are very happy with the price point and features of the new standard model. I am leaning that way if I purchase a new F75. Only thing I would want is the 5 inch DD too. I am not sure if I need boost and cache modes. The deluxe may also include some additional tone options as well (along with another mode of hunting...not sure if both standard and deluxe have FA mode).

Bottom line is I agree...there are so many different models that have come out since it's inception. But with the Fisher 5 year warranty and service as well as lowered prices, seems a no brainer to get new with warranty and lean towards a standard model. Some hunters out there love the boost mode because they hunt in areas where the grass is high or there is stubble. So as always, hunting conditions and preference dictate which way you go (as well as how much you want to spend...always in the mix ! ).

My 2 cents. Someone please correct me if I am way off base !

From Fisher Website:

F75 Ltd:

New Leading-Edge Technology!
These new features make the F75 Ltd more versatile with greater depth, better target separation and audio features that will open up your iron-infested sites!

Ability to activate and deactivate DST Mode (Digital Shielding Technology) for the ultimate in EMI Suppression
FA (Fast Process) – Improved Target Separation
Three new levels of FeTone®: Iron Audio Off, Low or Medium (complements existing “High” setting)
Adjustable Audio Pitch now in the Discrimination Mode
Embedded Serial Number – Serialization now stored electronically

Fisher F75 Ltd with Boost and Cache Processes.
The most versatile high performance detector ever made! It is the industry's premier relic hunting and ultimate multi-purpose metal detector.

Boost Process substantially increases depth under most conditions.
Cache Locating Process is designed to find large deep objects.
Lightest and best balanced of all high-performance metal detectors; Best Ergonomics in the Industry
Powerful Performance Trigger-Actuated Target Pinpointing with Variable Audio Pitch
Large LCD Screen with 0-99 Numeric Target Identification Display
Double-Filter Discrimination Modes for Searching in Trashy Areas
Magnetic Mineralization Bar Graph and Readout
Trigger-Actuated FASTGRAB™ Ground Balance
Manual Ground Cancellation Option
Non-Volatile Memory Saves Settings
Backlight – For Low Light Hunting Conditions
Low Operating Cost – Typically 40+ Hours with 4-AA Alkaline Batteries
11” DD and 5” DD Waterproof Searchcoils included
Rain Cover for Control Housing & Battery Housing Available
Download Regular Manual
Download Manual with Enhanced Features
Field Test Reports
Specifications

Recommended for:
Coin Shooting
Relic Hunting
Beach Hunting
Gold Prospecting

F75 STD:

New Leading-Edge Technology!
These new features make the F75 more versatile with greater depth, better target separation and audio features that will open up your iron-infested sites!

Ability to activate and deactivate DST Mode (Digital Shielding Technology) for the ultimate in EMI Suppression
FA (Fast Process) – Improved Target Separation
Three new levels of FeTone®: Iron Audio Off, Low or Medium (complements existing “High” setting)
Adjustable Audio Pitch now in the Discrimination Mode
Embedded Serial Number – Serialization now stored electronically

Fisher F75 Advanced Visual & Audio Target ID Metal Detector
The Ultimate Detector! The metal detecting industry's premier relic hunting and general purpose metal detector.

Lightest Weight / Best Ergonomics in the Industry
Powerful Performance Trigger-Actuated Target Pinpointing with Variable Audio Pitch
Large LCD Screen with 0-99 Numeric Target Identification Display
Double-Filter Discrimination Modes for Searching in Trashy Areas
Magnetic Mineralization Bar Graph and Readout
Trigger-Actuated FASTGRAB™ Ground Balance
Non-Volatile Memory Saves Settings
Backlight – For Low Light Hunting Conditions
Low Operating Cost – Typically 40+ Hours with 4-AA Alkaline Batteries
Double-D Waterproof Searchcoil
Rain Cover for Control Housing & Battery Housing Available
Download Regular Manual
Download Manual with Enhanced Features
Field Test Reports
Specifications

Recommended for:
Coin Shooting
Relic Hunting
Beach Hunting
Gold Prospecting

It appears that the only differences with the current models are:

Boost Process on LTD.
Cache Locating Process on LTD.
5" Coil included with LTD.

That's it...

Theres also a F75 SE 85th Anniversary edition which is the one I have. It has the DST and the FA mode. Gold upper shaft, black lower shaft.....oops, that was already mentioned...Sorry

85th anniversary has DST,Fa mode and "adjustable Iron audio"

Please ignore that last one. When I re-read the other posts I believe that question has been answered.

Dan

Hey Dan, (sorry I was writting this at the same time as your post to disregard)

If you are looking to buy a new one, the best way to look at it is as therover put it in his post.

There are basically two models available the Standard (with a gold shaft), and the Limited with the black shaft.

The Standard (gold), the currently discounted model, has ALL the latest upgrades including DST, Fast Process (FA), three new FeTone levels, adjustable audio pitch in discrimination mode, and the serial number electronically embedded. It DOES NOT have Boost and Cache Processes.

The Limited (black) has everything the Standard has, PLUS Boost and Cache Process.

The confusion over the years has been with the titles of Special Edition, Anniversary Edition, etc.

I'm a Tesoro guy, but that discounted price on the F75 has me thinking. I've had a T2, F5 and F70 in the past, but never tried the F75. It was always a little to rich for my blood. I liked the T2, but I sold it when people were going crazy for them a few years back. Paid $450 for it used and sold it for $1650.

Dan

I would get the gold one if U only hunt in yards and small areas. However, If you are a field hunter u can set in Boost mode, discrim 0, and hit a quarter at around a foot all day. I like the Tornado coil o the F75. IT allows maximum coverage. I also have the big nel coil but you need a sling to swing that very long

Much like Rover,I like trying different detectors.I just sold my Bliss V-5 and was looking for a new toy.I purchased an F-19 last spring and it was the first Fisher product I have owned and I was quite impressed with its performance.Several of the folks I hunt with use F-75's with good results so I thought that would be a good replacement.Ebay prices for used ones were approaching the $500+ mark and after a little research I found an F-75 new edition for $569 after a 5% coupon,new in the box,5 year warranty,shipped and no tax.This to me was a no brainier.I also have an MXT Pro and a Sovereign.You can't have too many detectors.