Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lots of mixed reviews

Bigtom123

On jewelry hunting..Some say get the biggest coil, cover lots of ground..Others say small col for better sensatuvity..Just so many different styles I guess.
I have a F75SE and I'm leaning towards gold rings, I've found 4 or 5 in ten years, more by accident than anything.
Silver coins are great but im a little burned out on them, I could buy them cheaper than finding them..although I have found alot and that's the thrill I guess over monetary value.
Maybe I have the wrong machine for rings, I'm leaning towards foil and nickel range only because it's said 97 percent of all rings lost are female and ring up in the foil nickel range..Thinking a f19 or somthing with more stable ID would do better? Anyone who wants to ad to this post feel free, experience is defiantly welcome.lol

Any metal detector can find gold rings so its not the detector you are using that makes you successful. It is the sites you hunt that make you successful. Hunt the places where rings are lost and you'll find rings. Figure out why jewelry gets lost and hunt those sites and you'll be successful.

I hunt jewelry with an F75 and it does a fine job. Add the small 3x6 concentric coil for tiny stuff, add the 10" elliptical concentric for better discrimination in trash and keep the 11" DD for open turf. Get a decent pin pointer and you are fixed up, equipment wise.

accept high foil and low nickel range, reject high nickel range, accept tab range, reject zinc range. Run your sensitivity where ever its required to be stone cold stable, even it if means running at 0. Then use the tone mode that gives you the best audio. I like dP delta pitch audio mode in turf.

Have fun.
HH
Mike

Typical Mike H. Guy asks a simple question and Mike goes on and on.....Yeah - on and on with thoughtful and valuable detailed information based on hard-won experience.

It’s because of guys like Mike that I keep up with the forums, in spite of all the stuff that I have no interest in.

Thanks Mike.

Thanks Rick!

I don't get to post as much as I'd like to but I try when I can.

HH
Mike

Thanks for gracing the rest of us with your presence Rick!
lytle78 said:
Typical Mike H. Guy asks a simple question and Mike goes on and on.....Yeah - on and on with thoughtful and valuable detailed information based on hard-won experience.

It’s because of guys like Mike that I keep up with the forums, in spite of all the stuff that I have no interest in.

Thanks Mike.

I have had lots of experience with 2 Fisher detectors, in my opinion they have no problem finding gold...or anything else.
The key is hunting in areas where you might have a chance of finding that precious metal and learning to understand how that metal behaves on your chosen detector if you roll over it.
Below are just some of the gold targets I found with my Fishers...and I found most of them in public parks that have been scoured in areas that are super trashy like picnic areas and around basketball and volleyball courts.
Didn't dig a ton of trash to do it, either, because I hate doing that so I evolved into a high percentage hunting system that targets mostly just the better more solid signals while avoiding about 80% or more of the jumpy trash signals.
I also use snipers more often than not because of the trash volume at my usual sites and that helps a lot in acquiring more solid signals faster and easier.
I might miss something doing it this way but if you saw how many coins and other treasures I have found using this high percentage method or if you look at the pics below you might agree I am not doing bad.

Your detector will definitely find gold rings, you just have to figure out the best locations to hunt for them and recognize how the act if you do.

Jewelry falls all over the VDI range ......Best bet is to hunt active sport's fields & Tot Lots & dig all repeatable signals above iron..... even the jumpy ones ..... you just gotta dig it all .....good luck