Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lots Pull taps & bottle caps

maliaros

Morning people.
Wend hunting yesterday with my euroace or ace 350 for the american market for a first time on a golder sand beach.
First first impression compared to the black sand that I usually hunt is that on the golder the machine works much smother because of the much lower mineralization.
Now the matter that I need your lights... I recover a dozen of pull taps and another dozen of bottle caps with in one hour and what does this mean?
All the other people hunting on this beach every day and night they all have machines that can 100% discriminate the taps and caps without the risk of leaving something precious berried?
Can you explain to me if is that a good sing? Meaning that other hunters are lazy and too riskie or the smart guys with the good machines on discrimination are collecting all the good stuff and leave me to clean the beach from the trash????.

Any ideas from the experienced with be top helpful.

Cheers.

P.s . I live in CYPRUS and during summers we have 3 million tourists getting dark and drung

If not- they are a big help in getting to know what your machine is telling you. You listen to your machine- you will pick up whats it's telling you. Now when theres trash that means theres been people & people loose things [Treasure] The trasher the area the more you need a smaller coil. Thats when you start finding what others left. Move that 350 a little slower and overlap your swings. DIG all faint signels and dig all the deeep ones. Some of the best hunters hardly use discrimation. But theres only so much of that a guy can stand. Just keep it fun and you'll be OK. Oh and a long handled scoop is a must also. Much of this you already knew and good luck.

Thanxfor the tips!
I can't wait for the high season summer and the crowded beaches.

Yes its good if you are finding trash items. Especailly the pulltabs...they sound just like a gold ring, so you have to dig all of them...also any foil signal could be a gold ring too. You will be able to tell a lot about the beach and the people that visit it by what kind of trash you find there...Good Luck!
Mud

After the 15th of May Ayia Napa( one of the most popular tourist destinations http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayia_Napa will be full, so every day untill the and of Septmber around 150,000 people will be packet in aprox 5 miles of beaches total. The place is 20 miles away from my home town And am planning to be there for hunting every day at 05:00 am.
The first $600 of finds will pay for the AT PRO upgrade.