Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Love Hate relationship

smkunder

Well after just about a month I have developed a love hate relationship with my Deus, just when I think I have it figured out I have a terrible day with it. I have found that I do much better at school yards than at parks. When I am in parks it seems all I hear is bottle caps, even using trashy park program. This thing is really challenging me.

I feel your pain brother. I'm in the same boat. It's a complex machine. Go slow. Learn all u can and don't throw it in the lake. The parks are driving me crazy too. I think it's worth it tho.
GL & HH

Practice at home, bury coins and tabs and caps, learn to HEAR the difference with a couple programs.

Also try the make exact same program with diff freq to tell if cap, there is posts on here about that.....

Jim

smkunder said:
Well after just about a month I have developed a love hate relationship with my Deus, just when I think I have it figured out I have a terrible day with it. I have found that I do much better at school yards than at parks. When I am in parks it seems all I hear is bottle caps, even using trashy park program. This thing is really challenging me.

You show that you also have a 3030 and and an Excal--that's part of your problem.
Minelab tones/VDI/screen info are so much more descriptive than the Deus, simply the tones are superior and it's difficult to break that habit.
When I use the Deus I resign myself to digging more trash and have been pleasantly surprised at some of the stuff I find especially in parks with modern trash. It has taught me to dig alittle more of the iffy signals with the Minelabs which I still feel are the better choice in modern trash which was not the intended venue for the Deus.
I dig the Deus in the totlots but usually switch over to the CTX or etrac in the sodded areas.
If I'm in a trashy park with lot's of caps I just run in 4 khz and dig few signals in the 90's

You have prob been to youtube and watched the video's on eliminating bottle caps,or dealing with them better.I will toss up a couple links to some good ones that may work for you or others. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzjVyki6qus Heres another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCG0W3Dd7jA and one more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhacbtS9qcI.There are several more.Some work better than others.I like the wiggle backwards and see if it breaks up method.I am by no means proficient at this yet.I hope this helps some. Good Luck.HH Jim T