Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Love my Deus but not for salt and black sand!

jtalley007

Went to the OBX of NC for a little R&R and was too lazy to dig out my old sovereign and assemble it on a straight rod (mistake)

I figured I would just stay up on the high sand and not be bothered by wet sand but the tides were running high,

Long story short there were multiple layers of black sand and no matter what I tried I did not enjoy the falseing, etc.

I did dig a few coins and 2 sinkers but didn't even bother to go back. I was really bummed out since I really enjoy beach hunting when conditions are right.

I did try all different combinations of settings but you could dig a hole and it would sound off like there was a good target.

Since salt and black sand were present I couldn't ground balance in wet or dry beach mode so just gave up.

I'm sure some of you guys could have figured it out but not me.

I love my Deus for land detecting relics and coins, nothing like it but I will leave my baby at home the next time I hit the beach.

I have used my Etrac on the beach for a while and it is very stable. But I was hoping my new Deus would help me find all the small jewelry on the beach that my Etrac just wont hit on. I hope the upgrade does make it a good beach detector because swing the Etrac for a week straight really is tough on me.

Figured if they wouldn't ground balance then figured no hope for other programs. Hope the new coil and software do the trick.

I was prospecting in AZ under conditions similar to that and it did pretty darn good
as it's set up for the black sand you find in gold country...

CO T/Huntr,
What settings are you using for your Black Sand??

That was last year February.....
Don't recall but it still would give some false signals
sometimes so it wasn't perfect