Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lovely find today!!!

Gaz

Took the Tornado coil out for it's maiden voyage today. I found it quick, responsive and a joy to use.
This popped out. It's a Charles I sixpence with a triangle mintmark which means it was minted in 1639-40.

All the best,

Gaz.

[attachment 203248 Coin2.jpg]

[attachment 203250 Coin1.jpg]

[attachment 203251 IMAG0582.jpg]

WOW Gaz...congrats:clapping:
Awesome ancient coin in fantastic condition
far out :thumbup:

T59

I probably shouldn't have read this thread. :lol:

What's the price of the new coil ??
And where did you buy it ?
Are you loving it so far ??

Happy Hunting

Bruce

Thats old , cant imagine finding something that old in Minnesota

Nice recovery. Beautiful coin. But you have me wondering..............judging by the grass roots running through the plug, the coin was only a couple inches deep. So other than the fact your Tornado covers more ground with each sweep, is there something that makes you think you wouldn't have found it with another coil, had you swept over it? HH Randy

.....perfectly correct Randy......that coin would of been found by a Garratt Ace 150!!!
I just posted the piccy as it was the first time I went out with the new coil. Anyone would of found it if they went over it. I can't claim that the coil did anything special!!!! :lol:

No Tom.....the coil didn't come with a scuff cover. From what I've heard......nobody has one yet.
I did find the coil quick and responsive with positive sounds and what seemed like great separation. Not heavy either. I'm glad I got it and I think it's worth the money. They build quality is great.

I've gotta say.....we are very lucky over here in the UK. That coin isn't actually that old when you think of how many times through history we've had our asses kicked!!

All the best,

Gaz.

kool report on the coil any other feedback as you go would be good also, do you think it would be worth spraying with that stuff the guys use around here? whats it called? cant remember, truck stuff :blink:

Sweet find!

I remember when you could use the MD in Sweden without permission we found a lot of old coins just a couple of inches down.Especially big copper coins.Found 2 huge coins close in the same area 1/2