Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lovin’ the NOX 900

DaveNV

Had occasion to detect in a small town in Southern Utah. I detected here two years ago and did alright, recovering a Buffalo nickel and a silver rosy, in addition to the normal, newer change.
This year, we stayed for a few days and I put in about 4-1/2 hours detecting. Don‘t know if it was the soil conditions , or the new NOX 900 or my go-to set up, but I has considerably more success. I was detecting a vacant lot where a house used to stand.
My finds were: 12 zinc Memorial pennys, 12 copper cents, 1 Jefferson nickel, 6 clad dimes, 3 clad quarters, 6 wheaties, and 3 silver Rosy dimes. Also found were two hot wheels, a marble, a cheap heart necklace, and a brass/copper “token,” that had PM stamped on both sides. And, of course, a “ton” of junk. I was running Park 2, noise cancelled and ground balanced, with sensitivity 15. Most good targets were no deeper than 6”.
The good stuff is still out there. You need to find the right spot.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0086.jpeg
    IMG_0086.jpeg
    939.5 KB · Views: 62
Congrats on the great recoveries!! Looks like a sweet day of digging. May I ask what recovery speed & iron bias you was running on your wonderful hunt? Thanks.

3 silvers is a nice hunt and yes, a large part of our success boils down to location. In my ground I have found Park 1 with the 900 to be the deepest between the two Parks, but I do run much higher sensitivity, + or - a point or so, 25. But, some coins, like large cents here, have gotten down to the 10" + depth range. Good day of hunting you had there. HH Jim tn

Had occasion to detect in a small town in Southern Utah. I detected here two years ago and did alright, recovering a Buffalo nickel and a silver rosy, in addition to the normal, newer change.
This year, we stayed for a few days and I put in about 4-1/2 hours detecting. Don‘t know if it was the soil conditions , or the new NOX 900 or my go-to set up, but I has considerably more success. I was detecting a vacant lot where a house used to stand.
My finds were: 12 zinc Memorial pennys, 12 copper cents, 1 Jefferson nickel, 6 clad dimes, 3 clad quarters, 6 wheaties, and 3 silver Rosy dimes. Also found were two hot wheels, a marble, a cheap heart necklace, and a brass/copper “token,” that had PM stamped on both sides. And, of course, a “ton” of junk. I was running Park 2, noise cancelled and ground balanced, with sensitivity 15. Most good targets were no deeper than 6”.
The good stuff is still out there. You need to find the right spot.
Location, location, location, you got that right Dave. And the 900 is a machine that can do it, even in those iffy areas. Truthfully I have a love , hate relationship with it right now. But I have seen enough to know its an improved 800, some things I like, other things I'm not so sure about. Hoping for an update on it but will soldier on until such time. Compared to the Manticore I think its formidable and other than the continuous noise cancel on the Manticore it lacks nothing. Give Field 2 5 tone a try. In my area it runs the most stable even running the sensitivity in the 20s. Good luck. Mark

Location, location, location, you got that right Dave. And the 900 is a machine that can do it, even in those iffy areas. Truthfully I have a love , hate relationship with it right now. But I have seen enough to know its an improved 800, some things I like, other things I'm not so sure about. Hoping for an update on it but will soldier on until such time. Compared to the Manticore I think its formidable and other than the continuous noise cancel on the Manticore it lacks nothing. Give Field 2 5 tone a try. In my area it runs the most stable even running the sensitivity in the 20s. Good luck. Mark
Markinspwa what kind of update on the 900 are you hoping for? I'm just curious. I've only got about 10-12 hours under my belt so far on the 900. OP sorry im not trying to hijack your thread or nothing. Thanks.

Nice finds Id be going back
Mark

Dasm, thats a haul,