Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Loving the Deus 2 on the Beach!

davidm88

Went out yesterday for a 3 hour hunt. Beach was sort of sanded in bit still managed to pluck these. 14k and emerald cross, 14k diamond earring and a sterling turquoise earring. Good bit of pull tabs, toasted zincolns and aluminum pieces as well.

Attachments

• 20230219_175311_copy_1512x2016.jpg
    20230219_175311_copy_1512x2016.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 117
Killer finds what settings are you using?
Thanks
Mark

The DeusII has been vedy, vedy Good to You. Nice Saves on the beach. I especially like the emerald cross.

Thinking of the D2 for beaches (lotsa black salty sands) in Pacific North West. Two models I notice. Big price difference. Since I do not dive do I need the most expensive option. Thanks

Thinking of the D2 for beaches (lotsa black salty sands) in Pacific North West. Two models I notice. Big price difference. Since I do not dive do I need the most expensive option. Thanks
I am not an expert to be offering advice, just observations. I have been a Equinox 800 user for 2-3 years on the beach. Since switching to the D2, I have noticed a couple of advantages over the Nox: the first is the D2 will give you a faint but positive non-ferrous tone on deep targets where the Nox will signal the target as iron quite often. The second is that the D2 has a lot more adjustments to maximize stabilization and sensitivity than the Nox. Not really sure if you're referring to other machines in comparison, just some thoughts on my personal experiences. Hope this helps!

Thanks DM88 .... Observations in the real world is a good basis for opinion ..thanks for your reply. Big help. My question was also about the 2 models of D2. One is far more expensive than the other. Just wondering why I would need to fork out more money than I need to. I do not intend to dive with a detector just beach hunt up here in wilds of British Columbia coasts. thanks again...

Thanks DM88 .... Observations in the real world is a good basis for opinion ..thanks for your reply. Big help. My question was also about the 2 models of D2. One is far more expensive than the other. Just wondering why I would need to fork out more money than I need to. I do not intend to dive with a detector just beach hunt up here in wilds of British Columbia coasts. thanks again...
I am under the impression that the D2 Lite with the WS6 instead of the regular remote would be more than capable of doing what you need. I opted for the regular remote because it does have slightly more capabilities, it is fully waterproof (I don't dive, but often get my detector very wet with surf splashes, downpours and rinsing off after a hunt). I also got the WSAII-XL headphones (another reason I bought the Deus). The phones are waterproof up to 1 meter. I don't like to worry about water damage while I'm hunting.

.... thanks for that, I am getting closer to an order. So my order would be: D2 Lite, regular remote, WSAll-XL headphones. ?

.... thanks for that, I am getting closer to an order. So my order would be: D2 Lite, regular remote, WSAll-XL headphones. ?
If you order the D2 with the regular remote, the WS6 is included with back phone headphones. I think that package is about $1500. The WSAII-XL headphones are 200 bucks extra.

I got the regular remote., the back phones-(WS6), 9" coil . . . . . . . Later on I got the WSAII-XL headphones and the 13" coil for (hopefully), more depth. . .jury is still out on the depth of the 13" coil compared to the 9". . . . . I love the 9" and its separation abilities . . . . opens up the old sites.
Thing is, back when I ordered, you ordered one group and you may of had to wait. I told mt dealer whatever comes quicker, I'll take. Just so happened, the back phones were available first, paired with the remote and 9" coil. . . .that's why I had to order the full HP later.

How small of jewelry has anyone found on beach or land with the D2. Some detectors will hit a gold eariing back.

I get to the beach about twice a year last September using the D2 dug a nickel at 14 inches deep with 9 inch coil..solid soft tone..I was really impressed with a 9 inch coil sounding that good on a 14 inch nickle..