Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

loving the euro tek pro!

Never had a tek machine before, been whites for the last 20 years. picked up the etpro with 11 in dd coil this spring and love it! I'm sure some wont believe me but i would rather use it than my mxt pro. Been running it at 0 disc sens at 8 and volume at 11. was hunting an old home site today and found a super deep copper tea pot that was in what turned out to be a trash pit in the middle of a plowed field. the stuff is deep enough i was able to dig 6 complete bottles. the compiled finds pic is from todays hunt and one several days ago at another old home site. i also pulled a 1923 dog-dog tag a jack knife and a president suspender clasp which are pictured but they were found elsewhere this spring. up to 4 silver dimes 2 mercurys and 2 rosies 12 wheats and 2 nickels one war and one older jefferson along with 4 bucks or so in clad. i don't normally care to post my finds but i;m so impressed with this machine i felt i had to share! I actually gave up on the sight i was at today with my mxt pro and the v3i even with the 5.3 coils because of the terrible noise and horribly inaccurate vdis it is so trashed with iron. with the euro tek its dream to hunt low tone iorn with vco tones and high tones very easy to hear and separate in your ears vdis actually are useful on this machine not like a bingo machine where it seems to just spit random numbers one after the other. Now i can say pin pointing takes a bit with the this 11 inch coil and old fence staples and can lids do fool the machine into a nice repeatable high tone but its not just this detector ive experienced this with all my other machines as well. lastly this etpro has me thinking bout a omega or t2. do they work like a etpro? similar vdi scale? do the numbers lock on even on deeper targets like mine has been doing? Do they have a 3 tone option like the etpro with breaks in the same areas? i have heard t2 is jumpy on ids? i love how the etpro does on nickels as well solid lock on 57 even had one with nail next to it at 5 inches roughly and it was still repeatable with iron flashing. thank you to all who have posted on here i learned alot and it helped me to decide to try something new that i am really enjoying! Oh and the weight its so light and easy to swing!

Glad you're doing well with the ETP.I have one with the stock coil but recently bought a new Tesoro Vaquero.Love it so I haven't used the Tek in a while.Nice Finds HH

That's awesome man. You're pulling some great stuff.

That is awesome. No lie two things happened to me today that relates to your post. Someone asked me what a good detector for a good price would be and I told him that i had heard the eurotek pro was good. Then he asked me if I had ever found any old bottles. Which I haven't.
Also, I have the t2 and fisher f75 and I think the vdis are pretty jumpy on deeper targets.

John

Nice Job! The ETPro is one I own and will never sell or trade as it is one of the best coin detectors I have ever used very accurate and deep. I replaced the 8 inch coil with a NEL coil and it performed a lot better for me I would however like to get the 11 inch coil for mine as well

Thanks metal fun it is fun machine! Sorry for the delayed response my wife and I dairy farm and our cows are freshening now lots of babies! Anyways good luck with the Tesoro I look forward to hearing how you like it!

Thanks whitewill! And John I've dug and collected bottles since I was old enough to dig them and I can say that's the first time I've dug a whole bottle mding. I've found them while mding before. For what you pay for this little machine compared to others in that range it sure is a super nice effective easy to learn and use machine that is just plain fun. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone for a starter or alternate use detector. It's good for people to have to learn a machines tones and numbers and not count on icons to decide which targets to recover. Had an inch of snow again this morning so hopefully it won't be too long before we can get back out.

Almost forgot thank you John for the response regarding deeper targets with your machines!

Barry I do really like the 11 in coil so far, for my limited time with the machine I feel I get surprisingly good solid tid numbers and it seems to separate very well, for example after my initial post I made it to an old stucco covered house that's been abandoned for decade's. Hunting tight to the front porch,there was tons of metal trash mainly bits of the stucco wire mesh. So I slowed down and narrowed my sweep and came across a fairly solid repeatable 83 84 with iron flashing and dug a roughly 5 in wheat cent. Might not sound to much to some, but my buddy walks over and asks how I found that in there as he had just hunted that area and never heard any digable beeps. I don't know what kind of depth this machine gets but even if it's not that "great" I will be keeping it in my detector arsenal getting the goodies outta the trash. That new coil sounds very interesting where can learn more bout them? Dealers prices and such I've never stayed away from oem coils.