Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Loving the Tejon

Rainyday101

I am really liking my new Tejon. I now have about 18 hours on it. It's depth is really impressive! This morning I found a 22 shell casing at over 8" and it rang loud and clear on my disc 1 setting which was just above foil.

This detector might be toughted as a relic detector, BUT it is a coin slayer. My nickel count has started rising. I found an area yesterday where an armored car rolled over, but it only had 4 quarters in it, now they are mine! I found a 1993 dime at 8" deep that hit loud and clear. I figured for sure it was gonna be silver at that depth. This was in low spot in a park with sandy soil that gets flooded every winter to make a skating rink. That probably had a lot to do with it getting deep. I have had to give up on some digs because they were just toooooo deep and also the pinpointer was indicating that the object in the bottom was large.

I haven't found any silver yet, but thats not the detectors fault, that is a location issue. On the beach sand I have been running low disc and digging it all. It blows my mind how this thing can find the tiniest things super deep.

Ground balancing is easy and I find the balance between my different locations to be almost the same. I am usually within a 1/8 to 1/4 turn of adjustment from my previous locations.

My new Grey Ghost originals are awsome and work great on the Tejon. They were an awesome purchase and work well on Silver also.

I am impressed with the Tejon and give it two thumbs up. There is a lot of talk about the new Caz- it would have to be some kind of awesome to the beat the Tejon!

I hear Ya I recently traded my AT Pro for a Tesoro Tejon . Yrs ago I owned nothing but Tesoro and fell off the wagon and went another route for a while but now back and will stay with Tesoro . The Tejon is a very deep machine and like you say hits hard on small targets . I got to relying to much on a screen to tell me to dig or not . Got out and started relearning the Tejon and I think I have found the settings I like for a while . now to just download the ebook on the Tejon and read a little on setting it up and the secrets it holds

Just got through reading the ebook Mastering the Tejon and vaquero if you have not read it it is awesome a lot of Info on the two machines . I am going to reread it as I am sure I missed a lot of info

A dime at 8" that is good depth on a high conductor for a 17.2khz machine, I am looking at someday getting a F-70 or a Tehan, thanks for the report

That book will even enlighten non-Tesoro users about what they're missing.

tabman

tabman said:

tabman

I agree Going to read it a lot more as I am sure it will take me a few more times to gain all the knowledge , at my age the brain is running a tad slow LOL

BarryL said:
tabman said:

tabman

I agree Going to read it a lot more as I am sure it will take me a few more times to gain all the knowledge , at my age the brain is running a tad slow LOL

Heck I need to read it again myself. :)

tabman

kaolinwasher said:
A dime at 8" that is good depth on a high conductor for a 17.2khz machine, I am looking at someday getting a F-70 or a Tehan, thanks for the report

And that was a loud and clear hit. Bear in mind my soil is really mild, actually it is mostly sand with a thin layer of topsoil. The depth on this thing is unreal. In all metal mode you would need a backhoe!

I was a day or two away from buying an F70 and then I downloaded and read the book, then read it again. Two days later I ordered a Tejon. I am sure the F70 is one heck of a detector, but I am glad I ordered the Tejon because the learning curve for a Tesoro user is really short.

The Tejon is a great machine for sure I've had 3-4 in my life out of those my first one seemed like it had more power and depth why I don't know. Have any of you guys that's had multiple Tejons noticed how one may be hotter than the others?

Glad to hear your new Tejon is working out for you Rainyday101. Enjoy!

Scanman said:
Glad to hear your new Tejon is working out for you Rainyday101. Enjoy!

Thanks! For a relic machine, she sure likes them coins!