Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Low conductive test video ?

SWMO Mark

Ziggy, I hunt for civil war relics here in the USA. A lot of the signals are lead from 69 cal. down to buckshot and thin brass items like buttons and insignias. Could you do any test videos using these type of targets in iron ? I have one of the early Vista Smart. Which is a good relic hunter, but I am curious on how the new 30 kHz Vista Gold with gain works on low conductors like I find in our civil war camp sites. Thanks. Mark

No problems.... I will take some similar items out in the field soon and bury them in an iron area and film the response, may I ask what are your ground conditions like, mineralised or not ?

You'll love the 30khz gain model on civil war relics Mark...Real punch even on that freq and LOVES low brass and lead..

keith

Keith Southern said:
You'll love the 30khz gain model on civil war relics Mark...Real punch even on that freq and LOVES low brass and lead..

keith

Keith,
Do you think the 30khz VGG has an advantage over the 25khz VG when it comes to Civil War relics? Just wondering which one you would pick and if the VG's slightly lower frequency might be more responsive to brass and lead. Thanks.

cz70pro said:
Keith Southern said:

keith

Keith,
Do you think the 30khz VGG has an advantage over the 25khz VG when it comes to Civil War relics? Just wondering which one you would pick and if the VG's slightly lower frequency might be more responsive to brass and lead. Thanks.

Think I found my answer after reading what you wrote on 12/27 on Dankowski's site.