Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Low VDI, Right of Horse Shoe Signal?

Golden Eagle

Today while hunting in the GMP mode at 12kHz I came across a couple of objects (as yet unidentified) that gave a low VDI of 20 but with a strong medium tone and filling up half of the right side of the horse shoe. Does anyone know what could account for this phenomena? All other settings were at the factory preinstalled.

Rob

It was a 5 lb sack of gold. You missed it. Leprechauns will nab it tonight. When in doubt, DIG! It is only dirt. Only way to learn the numbers and the machine, truly, is to dig.

Well any non-ferrous object will light up the right side of the horseshoe. This means that if you set your disc low, anything above that will light up the right side. Could by one fo two things going on, you could either have hit on something tiny (hence low number) or it could have been pieces of foil. Small pieces of foil can hit in the 20's. I have also had a couple small stud earrings that low but I would assume your dealing with small pieces of foil or can slaw here.

Would be interesting if you dug them up and let us know what the result is. I agree with Robo, when in doubt, DIG. Seems these signals have you wondering so what stopped you from digging them up to learn what was happening? Forums are great and opinions are great, but neither I nor anyone else can't tell you what was under your coil...

Hope this helped -Marc

Rob, sir: I was using a custom mode but with the 12kHz, and come upon a strong tone and it kept reading a strong "22".
With no jumping of number, as in foil or slaw would do and it was my first low number in the 20's, I figured what the hay,
I'll DIG IT. This was a number that was low, and kept reading 22, I circled the spot, and it came up only 22 everytime (not 21,
20 or 23, 24). I thought the machine was stuck on the "stupid number". This is why I'll never own another machine! Out pops a
58 Cal Gardner CW Bullet! Never had a bullet read below the 50's. Go by the tones!

I agree with you, tones are where its at, especially with this machine. The Deus will tell you a lot about a target with its audio response and I use the VDI just as a second check