Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

low volume on explorer xs

chuck ky

because of a headphone problem i have been hunting without any. today i tried another pair i had at home. when i plugged these in i had no noise thru the phones but i could hear the detector thru the speaker but very faintly. i thought this was because i was in the house and had the phones on. when i went to detect i could hear nothing when i turned the machine on and when i noise canceled. with the volume and threshhold at max there is no sound. when i pass a coin over the coil a very faint response comes out of the speaker but not loud enough to hear when detecting. any ideas. thanks.

Sounds like the mic jack is bad,Or there is some dirt in it.try taking a Q-tip with rubbing alchol and cleaning inside the jack.I hope you get it fixxed ,good luck

I have a pair of Whites i use occassionally with my SE, if i accidentally turn on MONO you cant hear any sound. Once i switch to sterio they work fine. Also ive hears several XS people talking about problems with that small XS mic jack. Some people have redrilled the hole and put in a larger jack from radio shack.

Dew