Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lower shaft twisting

3 holes = 1 armrest, 1 control unit, 1 spring clip? Could you let me know the seller name?

Buy A Plugger and be done with it .. I'm gonna do , 100.00 Case closed Problem solved . U think Minelab would of figured this one out at the drawing Board Before production ..

SlDigger said:
Just tour my 800 down to send in for the wobble in the lower shaft sounds like I might be without it for a while since they don't have any middle shifts .
Hope that isn't he case I have only had it for 1-1/2 weeks before it started to wobble.
Mine lab have sent me a UPS label to return it and have not sad anything about time.

Will let everyone know about the time line and the repair

Just spent one of the longest weeks that I have had in a long time. My shafts finally got back to Minelab today thanks for the Holiday and the weekend. wasn't even thinking when I sent it back for the forth a good day off and nothing to do but watch the UPS tracking show not moving.
Not sure what they are going to do with the wobbly shafts , fix them or give me new ones that are designed different (I hope ) of just ship out some more of the same design ones that will go wobbly the first time out.
I will let every one know after I guess after another long week maybe longer to get new shafts back.
Very frustrating hearing everyone talk about all the fun and I sent my in after a week!!

They will send you a new lower shaft, but I was told they are out of middle shafts and I m on a "waiting list" for a replacement. The customer service person who was handling my return did not reply to my question as to whether they are using the same design on the middle and upper shafts or something new. But since I have not received a replacement for my middle shaft yet can only assume they still do not have any. I went with Plugger 1 piece 36", best decision ever, and after ordering received the shaft in 1 day! Keeping my OEM shafts for travel.

SlDigger said:
Just tour my 800 down to send in for the wobble in the lower shaft sounds like I might be without it for a while since they don't have any middle shifts .
Hope that isn't he case I have only had it for 1-1/2 weeks before it started to wobble.
Mine lab have sent me a UPS label to return it and have not sad anything about time.

Just spent one of the longest weeks that I have had in a long time. My shafts finally got back to Minelab today thanks for the Holiday and the weekend. wasn't even thinking when I sent it back for the forth a good day off and nothing to do but watch the UPS tracking show not moving.
Not sure what they are going to do with the wobbly shafts , fix them or give me new ones that are designed different (I hope ) of just ship out some more of the same design ones that will go wobbly the first time out.
I will let every one know after I guess after another long week maybe longer to get new shafts back.
Very frustrating hearing everyone talk about all the fun and I sent my in after a week!!

Just heard fro, Minelab they do not have a new fix or any other idea how to fix this wobble in there shafts, at this time so they are going to just replace my shafts but with the exact same shafts as i just sent them, which was only a week old.

Had my machine 3 weeks and it will have been at minelab for 2 of those weeks.

Which would be fine if they had a fix for it. Not going to send it back I will just make a fix on my own until maybe someday they will make one of there own. Not to impressed with the service not knowing how to repair there product since it is such a large problem.
I have had three Whites over the years not a single problem.
But you can't say enough about this machine itself ( GREAT) !!

SlDigger said:

Just heard fro, Minelab they do not have a new fix or any other idea how to fix this wobble in there shafts, at this time so they are going to just replace my shafts but with the exact same shafts as i just sent them, which was only a week old.

Had my machine 3 weeks and it will have been at minelab for 2 of those weeks.

Which would be fine if they had a fix for it. Not going to send it back I will just make a fix on my own until maybe someday they will make one of there own. Not to impressed with the service not knowing how to repair there product since it is such a large problem.
I have had three Whites over the years not a single problem.
But you can't say enough about this machine itself ( GREAT) !!

Here is the results of me sending in my wobbly shafts which was only a week old to Minelab.
After waiting two weeks to get the shafts back and missing the fourth of July to take it out, which was my fault I was not even thinking when I sent them in.
Anyway Minelab does not have a fix for the wobbly shafts at this time. I was hopping that the new ones that they sent me would fit better and would be tight, no such luck.
I put everything back together and tightened it all up and just as wobbly as the ones I just sent in and wasted two weeks so do not send anything in to them right now maybe they will get a fix someday after we only payed 900.00 for these!!!
Not happy at all you would think they would just tell us not to waste out time to send in anything right now, not very good customer service they new it was not going to make any difference!!

Looks like it is up to us to fix there problem or spend another 100.00 + to get it right SLDigger

"O"I did get a Minelab sticker

I feel cheated I did not get a sticker when I sent mine in. Save the new one for travel and do yourself a favor and get the Plugger or similar shaft, shaft wobble and corrosion issues gone.

Sticker? :stretcher:+:minelab:=:detecting: Wrap it round the shaft and keep swinging, or use the shipping label and wait for a real solution!

I know this has gone over before but i did this in about an hour and a half. Well pic's are too big but bought the 22mm carbon tube and taped it completly with painers tape and took a chalk box and snapped a line for the holes. Didn't cut it down just more tube over the coil rod end. Super stiff and lighter and balance is fine. Used a cordless drill and came out fine, haven't glued the shaft lock yet and might not. Need a good end plug and may apply super glue around the holes but i did hit them with the pointy grinding stone on my dremmel. 11/32 & 15/64 bits are what i used.

Resize your photos and post them would like to see.

I asked Jamie at Minelab if they redesigned the middle shaft here is what she said, "I am under the impression they have done an update, though I have not been informed as to what. I can tell you I no longer receive phone calls for shaft issues". My replacement middle shaft is coming next week, will see if it is different.

O. K. some pics wont resize small enough so finished pic and pic of drill bit size i used. Don't force the drill just enough pressure to create a fine dust. Used the fast setting on my old dewalt cordless

just under $40 24.88 for the tube and $12.95 for the lock, free shipping.

My machine didn't suffer from wobbly shaft syndrome as others have
But I did the modification where you replace the middle rod with
A whites s-rod ($20) which is easy the only problem being that you
have to drill a new spring-pin hole and shim the tapered tube end
larger by about 1mm (.040")
The detector now has a swing that feels lighter, and you can
tell there is less stress on the rod when you reverse swing direction.
Anyway, doesn't adding a shim tighten up any wobbly rod situation?
Although I know Minelab will take care of the problem as there have
been quite a few complaints about this. I was at first hesitant to
do the s-rod mod. but now that it's done, I'm glad I did it.