Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

lowest KZ on a Garrett detector

doc holiday232

During the middle 70's Garrett made a detector with a stacked coil,about 8"/10", orange in color and the frequency was either 1 or 2 KZ. Was the Deepest VLF Garrett ever made. Does anyone remember this detector and the name? Thanks.

Tucando from another forum posted this.................... The first Master Hunter VLF was a simple ground balance and manual tuning that sold for $329. back late 1975-76. Whites then added discrimination and then garrett followed and added discrimination as well along with push button tunning and made it a lot more simplified while adjusting the ground balance. discrimination was unforgiving due to the lower 2 KHZ frequency.

in Houston having a Garrett unit at 1 kHz-was a straight VLF [it hung on the wall--whether it was production, I don't know.]
I remember Deepseekers of 77-78 that had no push button retune, and were not dual mode. [disc doubled as ground balance, depending on mode]
Whites first monster was the Coinmaster V at around 2.4 kHz and was a straight VLF. I recall a Whites hipmount of 76 that was a VLF/TR, freq unknown.

Happy_Hour said:
Tucando from another forum posted this.................... The first Master Hunter VLF was a simple ground balance and manual tuning that sold for $329. back late 1975-76. Whites then added discrimination and then garrett followed and added discrimination as well along with push button tunning and made it a lot more simplified while adjusting the ground balance. discrimination was unforgiving due to the lower 2 KHZ frequency.

I found over 100 Civil War shells,round ball and rifled with my ole Master Hunter--still have it and was thinking of sending it to Garrett for a tune up.