Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LR Pro coil test

Rebel1

I tried out the 8" spider coil and 4" sniper coil for my Land Star today on the LR Pro and they both worked alright. Both of them IDed about the same as the 11" stock coil. The 4" coil only gets about 3" in air tests on a dime but it may do better in the ground. But at least i know i can use the older style BH coils with the push in connectors on the LR Pro. Anybody else tried this? IF so, what were your results?

a Teknetics Euro Tek (not 'Pro') and a friend also tried that brand new, but old-style electronics, 4" coil on a new BH LR Pro. Work?? Kind of. Work properly and work well? Nope. It should be using the sub-5" DD coil as it is designed to work with the new circuitry used with the three new Bounty Hunter 'Pro' models.

I met a fellow who went out on the opening weekend of deer season several years ago and forgot ammo for his Model 94 Winchester. I had plenty and he wanted to buy or have a few rounds. Problems was my Mod. 94 was a .30-30 and he had a .32 Winchester Special. Will the .30-30 round work in his .32 Win.? Yes. Will it work well and properly? Nope.

I hope to get a Land Ranger Pro so to work it out in some sites then I will know better myself what it offers. I have a friend who would also like a new one, so I am looking for two brand new Land Ranger Pro's in trade for a brand new Fisher F19. I'm not a fan of the 11" DD coil so I'll buy my friend's 8" Concentric for it, then hop for a 'proper' 5" DD coil. After that I'll know just how well the new Land Ranger Pro and assorted search coils can handle a variety of sites, especially some homesteads and other old, out-of-use locations.

Monte

I've got a new LRP coming next week. I also plan on buying a Platinum. I believe the coils are interchangable between the two. One has 8" C and the other 11" DD. A F5 5" DD should work on both as well. But I'll probably go with the NEL.