Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LR Pro vs ?

Rebel1

Anybody that has run both, other than looking a Lot better, are there any real performance benefits to the LR Pro over the Discovery 3300 or older Land Star models? If so, what are they? Thanks

Rebel, not sure what kind of ground balancing the Bounty Hunter models you mention have, but if they are fixed GB than the Land Ranger Pro has a big advantage there with the adjustable GB you can either do manually or by pumping the coil.

The variable tone break and adjustable notch windows are features that I believe are new to BH with the LR Pro.

It's got the First Texas 11" DD which is an excellent coil and a significant improvement over the previous BH concentrics IMO.

And this is a detector with improved horsepower over the models you mention.

My LR Pro airtests a silver dime with a two way high tone no doubt dig signal at 9 and a half inches.

Marcomo, They both have Ground track and manual ground balance same as the LR Pro. They have notch, although not variable. Just wondered if the LR is a lot deeper and is better at ID'ing at depth?

I have had the LRp for about a month now.For the money I paid ,it is hard to beat.I bought it for a back up to a back up but I find myself grabbing it more everytime I head out..Just wish it could use the same coils as the the F75 .Good detector.

Rebel. I can't tell you about ID at depth yet in the field. Or in the air for that matter, The airtest I did was checking the audio only, I didn't monitor the ID #s.

My initial impression is that this is a really good value for what you get in performance and features. On the downside, the detector has a lower build quality feel to it. I'll post more after I use it a bit.