Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LRP on the salt beach. Will it / Can it ground balance there?

Considering a LRP and will probably have more questions, for now though, anyone been able to try the LRP on a salt beach? How was its performance?

Thanks
Tony

It should ground balance to salt. Manual ground balancing is done in the AM mode, but once done is carried into disc modes 2,3 and 4. The way it's manually set is using the conductivity arc that has 43 segments. When you choose "Ground Balance" that is an option only in the AM mode, the conductivity arc has one of the 43 segments dark black (current GB which default is 82) and a darker grey one lit over the light grey arc. If the dark grey segment is way lower, like segment 4, and the black segment is almost to the far right of the arc, you just hold the "-" button, moving the black till it's over the dark grey.

I believe Ground Grab can only go as low as 40. But manual can go to 0, which should be enough to hit salt soaked sand.

Maybe JAntonS will read this and chime in if I'm wrong. I haven't been to the beach lately (and miss it since I grew up in Ft Lauderdale), but would like to know as well.

Dan