Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

lrp pin point

longbone

Took my new land ranger pro to a lake site that is exposed because of drought.It does not like wet sand. The pin point was hitting off the edge of the coil as well as the center ,hard to locate target.Ground balancing had no effect.Went to sand volley ball area same thing .Any one else having this problem? I did get some good finds I'll try to post pics later.I've had this happen with the DD coil on other machines but not this bad.

Dont have a land ranger pro yet but i have never been able to use dd coils very well. Going to give it a try one more time, have a lrp on the way. Hope it gets better for you.

Did you Ground Grab to balance or use the manual method that can only be done in AM mode? The "arc" tells you the ground conductivity and you can match it with the + and - buttons.

If the ground was wet, did you try "less" sensitivity to see if that mattered? People think more sensitivity creates deeper detection, but it can have an effect on stability, especially in wet ground.

Lastly, if the those don't help, figure that the LRP, for the price, is not a water detector which commands higher prices in other lines.

The LRP just came out. Most digital detectors wind up getting new version software updates after they have been field tested for awhile, and FTP may fix earlier issues (like yours) with an update in the future.(a possibility).

Thanks for the reply Hightone. Yes I did all those plus tried all the modes. You list the lrp as one of your detectors. Have you detected in wet sand ? If I am the only user with this problem I'll be calling FT . If it's common to others then they will probably recall them for a fix. I'm using this in a fresh water lake not salty at all. It seems to be just as sensitive as my eurotekpro on small targets but the etp has no ground balance and yet wet sand has no effect on it at all. I have the 11 DD coil on it as well. I appreciate your input.

I have not used it on damp ground, nor do I really plan to. Even at the beach, I hunt the dry sand areas and leave the wet shore to the PI detectors.

I'm still working with the new BH Pro line. The LRP has a lot of control and very good depth. But is the CPU being hampered by the cheaply made coil? I've been in contact with my NEL coil seller to see if he may be able to get me a plug in type Sharpshooter coil. It may make a world of difference, maybe not.