Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lst signal of the day. Ring.

jd88047

Was in a old park and changed to my small 6 inch treasure seeker coil. The coil sniffed out a lot for me, but the kids were just a little too much for me. At one point one kid started pushing buttons on etrac while I was detecting. This little guy was literally between me and my detector watching the numbers on the screen. I made the mistake of taking the Head phone plug and showing them what I hear. The crowd went nuts. I finally gave in, reached into my pouch and handed several crusty coins so I could escape to my truck. I sure hope I didn't give out a Indian Head penny. Per usual, the makers mark is unreadable. My testing kits seems to be of bad quality. I was testing every known I item I ever found. Even my wedding band. Time to get a good quality test kit. The ring has a nice large stone. Only have the one pic of it in the ground. I didn't take any picks of the rest of the loot. But there was some gold chain found also.

Rings are always so great to find. Congrats

Congrats on the ring find! Always nice to find a ring...

I been playing with coils and find the Coiltec 6 inch treasure seeker the best for the soil here. We have a lot of clay and really hot dirt. I am going behind other hunters and just cleaning the first 8 inches or so. I havent hunted deep yet.

jd88047 said:
I been playing with coils and find the Coiltec 6 inch treasure seeker the best for the soil here. We have a lot of clay and really hot dirt. I am going behind other hunters and just cleaning the first 8 inches or so. I havent hunted deep yet.

Congrats JD! Awesome find!

Howdy jd88047--

Sounds like you had a good fun hunt! It's sad that some parents don't teach their children manners and to respect adults. When I hunt a school yard, I'm always happy to answer questions but I establish the rules immediately - don't get too close to me or my detector! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I have a lot of moms asking questions. I direct em to hobby lobby and harbor freight. Most dont believe what I paid for my detetcors lol.

Great find! Yep, kids! Usually give them my pennies too. I was out today and some older people wanted to visit, I didn't mind visiting for a bit, they were asking if I found anything, said yep, a few quarters dimes and nickels, right after they left I hit a 1934 quarter.

Foiled said:
Great find! Yep, kids! Usually give them my pennies too. I was out today and some older people wanted to visit, I didn't mind visiting for a bit, they were asking if I found anything, said yep, a few quarters dimes and nickels, right after they left I hit a 1934 quarter.

Wow that is so cool, nice find!

My Grandson is as addicted to this hobby as I am. He always wants what we find. I tell him if it's something really old, I get to put it in my collection, someday you will have my collection! He really wanted an Indian Head that I'd found, so instead of giving him one of my crusty ones, I bought him an 1859 for his birthday, it's worn quite a bit, but a beautiful Fatty! He was so thrilled!!! Made my Day! And His!