Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Luck of the Irish

Ronstar

In my last post I made the comment I may have had done “an Irish jig” when I dug that Walking Liberty on campus. Well, yesterday that little fella on the Lucky Charms cereal box rewarded me.
I started out behind an older but still active residence hall and within the first minutes the F5 sounded a dime tone next to the sidewalk. About 2” deep a silver glint poked out and careful retrieval popped out a silver ring, a good way to start this session. A quick glance revealed a heart with a crown on it being held by two hands.
when I got home I checked the ring for hallmarks etc and discovered four different stampings!! It took a second to sink in but I now have my first European ring. A quick internet search by description revealed it was an Irish Claddagh ring. There were three initials of the maker, a single initial in a box, 0.925 stamp, and another 925 stamp with what looked like the scales of justice balance beam. The second 925 I learned is a Convention Mark and the single initial (really hard to tell but looks like a capitol H) is a date mark. If I am correct it may signify 1949!!
I have checked several websites but cannot find any reference to a maker with initials JMH and best I can tell this is an Irish made ring. If anybody has an insight or a good resource please let me know as research is knowledge and knowledge is a personal treasure!! Best site I located was 0925-1000.....
Luck of the Irish I guess.......

Attachments

• AA8EE752-137A-4304-ABBC-35F4E71CA6C6.jpeg
    AA8EE752-137A-4304-ABBC-35F4E71CA6C6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 157
That's a beautiful ring ronstar. Good looking. hhrickinm