Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Luvin' my R2! look what happened to my 5.5x10 coil though..

Finally got to take my Racer2 out for its first spin today. I decided to put the 5.5x10 on it for its maiden voyage. First things first, I am really liking the new machine and am glad I bought it to add with my red racer. I didnt think i liked the new grip when i first held it but I actually am liking it better than my racer. It might help that my racer doesnt have the newer angled handle also. Iron audio is really nice. I love that Makro is working their tails off to come out with some great machines. My only wishes left are the new 2.4ghs wireless headphones and a racer2 only waterproof.
Now, on to my issue though.... I was only hunting about 10 minutes and got a hit. started digging my hole with the sampson shovel and then turned to lay down the r2. I look down and the coil is just flopping around. I hadnt hit it on anything so I was like "what the !!!!". I looked at the area where the ears broke off and check it out...it looks like the plastic was only solid about the last 1/8" at the front and maybe a 1/16" at the rear. The whole inner is shiney black like it never melted together(or maybe air pockets?)when it was poured or however they do it and at the edges you can see the lighter colored stress areas where the ears were actually attached and snapped off. I have to admit, I was a bit irritated at the time. I had to walk back out to my vehicle and get the new stock coil(which did quite well and looks to be much sturdier than the originals) but at least I had brought it so I was t completely out of luck for the day.
anyhow, enough with the rant. I sent Dilek an email already with the photos and am sure they will take care of it but it looks like there are some 5.5x10 coils out there that have some ear issues also.

Keith Southern had one flopping around in one of his videos. So far my 5 x 10 has been doing OK. I did have one of the first 7 x 11's do that. I'm sure Makro will take care of you like they did on mine.

I am sure they will Tom. just hadnt heard of any problems with that coil..

Contact Metaldetector.com. They will email you a return number and then send the broken coil in. They will send you a new one. I had the early 5.5 x 10 that the ears broke. No big deal, sent it in and within a week had a new coil. Makro/ metealdetector.com will take care of you.

thought they fixed that , must be the wrong kind of plastic

Already got a reply from Dilek. Mine is one of the ones from the bad batch according to its serial #. They are taking care of it. Thanks Dilek and Makro.