Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M-6 Surprises me!

Fletch88

So I received my M-6 a few days ago and decided to swing around in my yard by my largest oak tree. I have been through this area with at least 10 different machines including the safari, CTX, sovereign, silver uMax etc. I like the way the machine runs in single tone with disc set at 1. I got a solid repeatable tone that pinpointed solidly at 8". It jumped around in the 70's, 80' and down lower on the VDI. When I flipped to tone ID it was not a good signal at all. Well after digging down 6" or so I swept the DX-1 probe in hole and got a solid tone. A couple more scoops and out pops a wheatie! I could not believe my eyes! I know it is only a wheatie but how had I missed it with so many other machines

Eat your Wheaties........

There is nothing wrong with finding a wheat, some days that is all you need to save your hide from getting skunked on old coins.

It was probably masked by nearby small iron.

Good find. You should put a coin back in that spot and use for a test spot on any other detectors you may get or borrow. Go check that spot in 2 tone or all metal and see what iron is in there.

Did you get a date on wheat?

Rick

I'm curious what coil you were using on the M6.

Rick in Mi, it is a 1956 Wheatie

TabWhisperer, I was using the stock concentric coil that says M6 on it. I believe that is same as the 950?

Probably the m6 has a faster recovery than the other units except maybe the umax which at 8 inches deep could have been a tad deeper than its ability. .. just my thoughts. .. or like others said may have been masking going on ...

Fletch88 said:
I could not believe my eyes! I know it is only a wheatie but how had I missed it with so many other machines

Nice score on a pounded area... Sure makes you wonder... The following quote sounds good to me...

amberjack said:
no one detector finds it all , that's my excuse for having a few, and I'm sticking to it.

Robert

Ok so I got yet another surprise not 20 feet from where I found the wheatie. I got a nice solid repeatable tone with everything set at presets and toggle in center position. The vdi was again a little jumpy in tone mode and fairly unstable. In the single tone mode it was a nice solid repeatable with 70-80's VDI. It pinpointed right in the center and said target was 8"-10" deep. After digging down to 12" (the length of my Treasurewise T12) I found a piece of split copper pipe that almost looks like a ring of some sort. Again I have been over this area many times. The M6 will find the deepies I am convinced!

I'm sold on single tone mode. Don't know if it's deeper or the detector doesn't have to work double time with running the tones.

slingshot said:
I'm sold on single tone mode. Don't know if it's deeper or the detector doesn't have to work double time with running the tones.

I am as well. It seems like the signal is just much cleaner. I think it is running through less circuitry and therefore not as "modified" as the tone mode. I'll have to be honest I don't care for the multi tone mode of the M-6 (only to verify or study targets) or Mxt-pro. The MX-5's multi tone is much much better but the M6 just seems to work in single tone!