Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M5 vs. MXT Tracker

Scottowl

Is there anything the new M5 can do that the original MXT cannot?
I see a lot of people wanting the latest and greatest, and there's nothing wrong with that.
I have an idea, in my personal needs for a detector, that the MXT is way more machine than needed to get the job done.
Then again, I don't want to be missing out on anything.
lol

I have never used a MX5 but it is different from the MXT in form and features. The MX5 is built more like the Prizm series detectors and the MXT is a box type with display. The MX5 has a backlight and 7 tone ID and I am sure some other features that I haven't listed. Personally I like my MXT and wouldnt trade for one of them. It is a simple, really deep, adjust on the fly detector. I have owned a lot of top end detectors and my MXT is my favorite. It just gets the job done and does it well. I would not feel outgunned by any other machine for the type of hunting I do. I have a M6 as a backup and it is real close in performance to the MXT and has Tone ID but is a silent search vs. threshold machine.

I have the MX5 and had an MXT Pro and I also have and M6. I can tell you the MX5 is a very fun machine to use. I love my M6 and my wife uses the MX5. I use it occassionally myself. I really like the standby mode it has. When I want to use a threshold machine thats the machine I use. It seems a little more stable than the MXT but then again the MXT must be a little more sensitive because of the chatter. Nothing wrong with the MX5 at all.