Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M6 Beache's

ROADKING

M6 would love to hear from any one that uses it on the beach.And how they did it .What they found.And how they set it up.Love this Forum.Roadking

I think I can help you.....

I've used my M6 on the beach many times with success. I have found clad and silver coins, jewelry, toys, and a lot of pulltabs!

If you're hunting a white sandy saltwater beach, start by ground balancing in the auto track mode and turning your Disc down all the way to 0. You should be able to turn the Sens up to close to Max without a lot of chatter. I hunt in the auto track mode in the dry sand. If you use the beach mode in dry sand you may lose some depth and sensitivity to small gold items.

In the wet sand it's a little different. With the same settings above, you'll get a lot of falsing from your machine. In these conditions, you'll need to dial your Sens back until the falsing goes away (sometimes to about halfway). Ground balance in the Beach mode over the wet sand. Keep it in Beach mode and you should do fine. Also keep the Disc at zero.

The stock 950 coil is great on the beach - good coverage and depth. No need to use a smaller coil unless there is a lot of trash on the beach.

I'm not much of a water hunter so can't help you there.

Good luck!

What Guitarman said. I have used my M6 in the surf. Still run 0 desc but you will have to adjust your sensitivity once you get the coil in the water. You will probably have to turn the senc. down quit a bit to keep it from squealing. Also the coil floats and it can be a bit of work just keeping the coil on the bottom.:yo: