Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M6 better than V3i?

pewejo

I have a spectra V3i metal detector and I search with a friend who has a M6 metal detector.
In the previous weeks I noticed that the M6 is able to find 1 and 2 euro cent with a good sound, but that the V3i is not able to locate these targets (value -60, sound almost none).

Moreover the M6 is able to locate nickel money much better (eg. dutch dime/quarter from Queen Juliana) . I am using the stock CJ program.

The question is what am I doing wrong? I now have the feeling the M6 is a better detector, but this would not be logical.
How can I change the program/settings to be able to locate these targets?

Hope you can help me on this forum.

Peter

Looked around and found that the small Euro coinage is composed of steel with a copper coating. (With the M6, he must have his settings turned down to accept steel.) As with this and all other coinage you are looking for,open up your VDI accept range to compensate on these. (Live controls, discrimination to VDI screen, check and uncheck boxes to preferences.) Finding out what they VDI at, and making sure to have a check mark in that range will get you to where you need to be.

There are Canadian coins that are the same way, they VDI in the negative range because they are partially ferrous metal. The coins sure are getting cheap around the world these days.

Same with modern low-value coins in the UK.

There talking about aluminum or steel for here in the U.S. I hope like heck they go steel as it'll decompose! (Please...no more aluminum...it thinks it's almost gold! )