Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M6 coil question

Gopher

I can't decide which coil to get for my M6. The 5.3 Eclipse or the 4x6 DD. I suppose a lot of people have pondered this question. The guy at Whites said the 5.3 is the better seller but it seems like more people talk about the 4x6 DD. I don't have the money for both. I was doing good to get the M6 but I love metal detecting and would like to try a smaller coil as there is a lot of stuff in the ground around my old house.
Does the ground in this area of northern Calif. have a lot of minerals in it? I don't know. It just looks like dirt to me. Thanks for your help and experiences.
Gopher

Hey Clondike,
Can you tell me what the 6 x 10 coil does that the stock coil doesn't do. Obviously there's something or they wouldn't make it.
Thanks, Gopher

[quote Gopher]Hey Clondike,
Can you tell me what the 6 x 10 coil does that the stock coil doesn't do. Obviously there's something or they wouldn't make it.
Thanks, Gopher[/quote]

The 6x10DD is more stable in mineralized ground, works better in iron trash, works better and has better separation at trashy sites and covers just as much ground as the stock 950 coil while maintaining comparable depth to the stock 950 coil. It is my preferred coil for 90% of all my hunting next to the 5.3 coil for extreme trashy areas.

I am not Clondike but I thought I would give my 2 cents on the 6x10DD coil.

Take care,
Bill G

Bill or Clondike
Where does the 6 x 10 pinpoint the target. Is it under the center of the coil or more out toward the nose? How does that work.
Thanks, Gopher

The 6x10DD pinpoints just in front of the rod connection in the center of the coil.You can use the tip of the coil with some practise to pinpoint as well but the depth reading will be way off using this method to pinpoint. You will get the hang of it with practice.

Good Luck,;)
Bill G

...sold the 5.3 . The 4X6 isolates better in trash, and searches very well around metal posts, cement with rebar in it etc.... Just truly superior to the 5.3 in heavy mineral. My vote....4X6!!!!

Hi Gopher,
The M6 is a great coin detector and also very sensitive to smaller targets.
The 6x10" coil is probably the best coil overall for most hunting conditions and at least two others :) on this forum feel the same.
If looking for a smaller coil i would strongly suggest the 4.5x7" Excelerator coil.It's hands down better than the 4x6"shooter on depth and better than the 5.3 on target separation and gets great depth.
I had a chance to use the Excelerator today for the first time at a trashy park and had a smile from ear to ear and now i'm afraid to take it off :) IT is a solid coil in all aspects and honestly can't think of anything currently available that would better this coil for the 20% the 6x10" may leave behind. It may be my favorite coil "Period". HH Bill

leaking!!! They can not be submerged they are water resistent not water proof. My buddy went through two of them and he only got them soaked by hunter in high grass with lots of dew. Yes they are good ..maybe better than the Whites but Kellyco has had lot returned with water issues!!!

Thanks Ivan,
I wasn't aware of any the water leakage problems , have used the 4.5 x7" Excelerator twice now in heavy wet grass with no problem ,however i was very pleased with the solid performance on the M6.

Appreciate the info. HH Bill