Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M6 Coils

ROADKING

I have a M6 would love to here from you guys will the big foot work on the M6 and if so what would you prefer 10DD or big foot for beach's and foot ball fields I will add I live in Florida salt water beach's.Or is there a better coil for this application .What will I pay for a Big Foot? Thanks Mike

ROADKING said:
I have a M6 would love to here from you guys will the big foot work on the M6 and if so what would you prefer 10DD or big foot for beach's and foot ball fields.
Yes, the BigFoot coil can work on the M6, but I've heard from a number of people, in the last couple of years who got one but retired it after a short period. They just didn't like the field performance. I haven't used one on my M6, but from past use the BigFoot just isn't a coil for me.

I prefer the 10" DD coil and have it mounted on a pare rod for quick change onto my M6 (currently have the 6" DD Excelerator coil mounted for use in iron trashed renovation work I'm doing). I favor the 10" DD or 10X12 SEF (also a DD) for open area searches such as sports fields, plowed fields, beach areas

ROADKING said:
I will add I live in Florida salt water beach's. Or is there a better coil for this application . What will I pay for a Big Foot?
Here in NW Oregon I'm on the opposite side of the country from you and our coastal beaches are far more mineralized than what you get to hunt in. Here, a concentric coil ( such as the 950) doesn't get the depth of the 10" DD coil and is noisier to operate. Having hunting a decent Florida beach some years back, I know that the 8" and 950 coils on the models that I had got a little better depth than a comparable Double-D (wide-scan) coil.

If I were there I'd use the stock 950, but if not then I'd opt for a 10" DD or 10X12 SEF. Bigger coils start to lose small-target responsiveness.

Best of success to you this year!

Monte

I live in TX gulf coast area and use the M6. I use the 6x10 DD coil as my main coil, in fact I don't ever use the stock 950 coil. The 6x10 for me gives super trash separation and handles the transition from wet to dry sand with no problem. I am able to use higher senc. and 0 desc. when I hunt the beaches at Galveston. I use tone ID all the time on the beaches, desc. set a 0 and senc turned up as high as I can get it and still run smooth. I have never used the 10 DD but from what I hear about it is is also a fine coil. The 6x10 is about $100 less expensive than the 10 in DD. With the money you save you can get the 4x6 DD for the really trashy areas.

Thanks I have the 4x6 and love it I am thinking bought larger coil for big fields were folks play foot ball and soccer. thanks again love the info

I would strongly suggest you carefully look at the Exclerator coils. Either SEF 10x12 or 12x15, or the 10x14 DD. Any of these 3 will still retain the ability to find very small objects. Not sure about the larger 18DD available, but the first 3 listed would be very accurate, sensative, deep and cover a lot of sand per sweep. The Big Foot is a great coil for coverage and target recovery upto 6" and is not intended for deep seeking.

All 3 coils are available right in your back yard at Kellyco for under $200 (the Big Foot will cost you $250 if a new one is even available or upwards for $350 if they are still out of production)