Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M6- Like it More Everyday

Long time reader, first time poster. About two months ago started to get the new detector bug. Checked out the Xterras, the T2, the Edge and the M6, bought the M6 (I like prov en technology).
My first time out I took it to a section of a ball field that I have pounded with a Tesoro Deleon. Went over an area that has produced nothing my last few outings their. In one hour found 50 coins and one silver earring. Most of the coins were dimes between four to five inches deep and Nickels one at about 8 inches (all modern coins). My next outing I went to a field that the Tesoro will not work in because of real bad ground, the M6 had no problem and found more modern coins. Last time out I took the M6 to the beach (salt water).I was really surprised, the M6 is almost as quiet as my Sovereign XS2a (the M6 chattered a bit in Black Sand)in the wet sand and perfect in the dry sand. I was able to find one Silver Ring at about 8 inches deep, as well as clad coins. The deepest one being a quarter at about 10 inches, these were in the dry sand, Found a few coins in the wet sand at about 7 inches, but Lunch hour finished and it was back to work. I wish to thank Whites for a outstanding product that I am really having fun with.:clapping::usaa:

and i like it too. Tone ID, VDI display numbers, automatic ground tracking and balance and great performance for a low price makes it a good choice. It is really easy to use too.
Just make sure to get the 4x6 DD coil for it.

HH,
Andy

I'm still unsure as to which coil I'll go with, the stock coil seems really good for most types of hunting that I do. I have found that I like to hunt with single tone and then switch to the variable tones when I get a target, you can really tell the trash from the goodies mostly from the tones. Trash gives a really rough sound and the numbers bounce, good targets seem to give a real smooth sound and lock solid on the display. The more I use it the more I like about it.:usaa::clap:

the DD coils handle the bad ground better and have better target separation. It seems the 9.5 standard coil works just well in open fields. Whites should make a 9 or 10" DD standard coil for the MXT/M6 sice these detectors have to much power for the 9.5 standard coil.
The M6 sure has great electronics (filters, power, target ID, ground tracking)inside and beats the T2 if you put a DD coil on it (on the M6).
HH,
Andy