Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

M6 Quistion

ROADKING

I here you all talking how good the M6 is at tot lots what are you setting it at to get closs to the metal poles I use the 4x6 cole and it goes nuts if I get with in a foot of them.thank for the help in advance I know you guys can help .I do love that M6 though.Happy Hunting an God Bless Roadking

turn your sensitivity down a bit and swing derectly at the metal pole when you reverse your derection it will beep if a target is beetween you and the pole you will get a dubble beep but if you swing side to side whith the pole in front of you it will beep no matter what go back and practice some moor i used that combo to clean up tot lots and i gould get whear no other detector could go and i must comfess the M-6 is better than my compadre in the tot lot

ROADKING said:
I here you all talking how good the M6 is at tot lots what are you setting it at to get closs to the metal poles I use the 4x6 cole and it goes nuts if I get with in a foot of them.thank for the help in advance I know you guys can help .I do love that M6 though.Happy Hunting an God Bless Roadking
[size=large]... The M6 is a very good detector. I can say that about many detectors on the market, from White's, Tesoro and a few others, being specific of the particular model.

I've used the M6 and MXT's I've owned with success in "tot lots" and near metal poles/structures, but it's not my favorite unit for such tasks.

The secret to working close to metal pipes and metal structures is NOT to seep toward them, but to position the search coil as close the the metal as possible, then work the search coil around/along the metal pole or object keep the search coil a uniform distance from the annoying metal. Work the search coil slowly and methodically a uniform distance from the offending metal. Then, back the search coil off