Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Made a nice score!

mortarman

Made a nice score on Friday, at least I think so, picked up a Whites 6000/DI Pro SL with a 950 coil and a 4900/d for $150!
The 4900 works great and has both batteries but the 6000 is missing one of the battery terminals inside the unit. I opened it up and the terminal snapped off. The base is still attached to the circuit board. So now I'm not sure wether to cannibalize the 4900 or try to make one to fit. I doubt I'll be able to find a replacement unless someone out there has a dead unit they'd like to sell for parts? :wave: Also thought about calling Whites but not sure what the cost will be. Guess there's only one way to find out! The 4900 is in wonderful shape, the 6000 has a lot of field rash but I think it gives it character.
I always wonder what kind of finds these older machines found. If they could only talk!

May be worth your while to send the 6000 to Whites for a check up.

I emailed them and they're going to send me the part. Once I fix it, we'll see how it is. I may end up sending into them.

You may just find the same amount of goodies as with newer machines up to 6 or 7 inches deep.
Visit my website for all the White's full version catalogs you can download
http://www.treasurelinx.com/whites.html

White's does generally have spare parts and can fix them.

Really nice site Sven!! Thanks for the link!