Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Made a water antenna

pplinker

Was unbelievably easy and no cost at all since we had scrap pieces of coax cable. What I don't like is that it is taped over the area where the charging clip goes. So that will have to be un-taped every time it needs charged. Going to get a piece of Velcro or rubber band to hold it instead of tape. Tried it out in water and it works fine. I have a creek to use it in below the waterworks facility where the water runs shallow. However, since it's going to rain for the next four days, I may have to wait awhile. Don't nobody go and pay good money for an antenna kit; it is just so easy to DIY that a child or old lady can do it, LOL>

Yes
The water antenna is a snap to DIY,
but the waterproof case and Warranty coverage is another thing.
Yes I made my own, but my Deus is out of warranty so if I flood it it's my dime anyway.
XP will only cover your Deus if it is using their waterproof setup.
Just an FYI

HuntinDog said:
Yes
The water antenna is a snap to DIY,
but the waterproof case and Warranty coverage is another thing.
Yes I made my own, but my Deus is out of warranty so if I flood it it's my dime anyway.
XP will only cover your Deus if it is using their waterproof setup.
Just an FYI

Andy Sabisch gives instructions on how to make a DIY antenna in his Deus Handbook along with strong advice on not getting the control or headphones wet. So, I'm well aware. Thanks though.

Will the water antenna work if it is not close to the receiving unit (the headphones or the remote), or does it have to be close to the receiving unit? By not close I mean would the headphones pick up the signal if the end of the cable was on the upper coil shaft by the hand grip?

RogerW said:
Will the water antenna work if it is not close to the receiving unit (the headphones or the remote), or does it have to be close to the receiving unit? By not close I mean would the headphones pick up the signal if the end of the cable was on the upper coil shaft by the hand grip?

That's where I positioned the end was near the handle. The signal can't travel through water. All the antenna does take the signal out of the water so it can go into the air waves.