Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Magnet handle.

silversmith

Anyone know what the Meteor Men on T.V. are using for a collapsible handle on their "meteor magnet" device. It look familiar but I can't place it. Thanks, Ron.

You can get them in any sporting goods store. They are a collapsible pole that is used for hiking or snowshoeing. some are sold separately or in pairs.
I did a search for rare earth magnets on the internet. There are several site that you can purchase from. The shipping cost is about the same as the magnet! you would do better if you can find it locally! My magnet measures !.5" X .5".
Just duct tape the magnet to the base of the pole.

You can get rare earth magnets out of old hard drives.
Just watch your fingers don't get pinched in between
them, it hurts.
Jim

Thanks, you guys. I'll check at Big 5 next day or two. Beware of the rare earth magnets on E-bay :yikes:
I got some 1 X 1 X .5 " 'can't use em they'll get you hurt. Way too darn'd powerful. I got bruises and cuts all over my hands from them. I'm using some that are .5 X .5 X 1" Much better. I have one already on my metal detecting "Pick" Works fine. :thumbup:

Telescoping poles can be bought at any store that sells golf equipment. The poles are called "water hole ball retriever".
The magi nets are sold at any hardware store and Radio Shack, plus Home Depot/ Lows.

What are you using rare earth mags for?.......NGE